The Google Summer Internship 2023 program cuts across the global stage, it is an online program that aims to introduce new contributors into open-source software development.
Participants of the Google Summer Internship are expected to work with an open-source organization on a 3 weeks programming project under the guidance of credible mentors.
Google Summer Internship 2023
This program is an opportunity for you to advance in your experience and achieve your dream job in the field of computer programming.
Everything you need to know about Google Summer Internship will be explained in this article, including its benefits and the application procedure.
About Google Summer Internship
The Google Summer Internship program 2022 is open to international students around the globe.
The internship is scheduled to be carried out in 3 months, with the provision of a minimum of 1500 USD Stipend and a maximum amount of 3300 USD Stipend depending on the applicant’s country and certificate at the end.
The renowned Google Summer Internship is a global program that seeks to bring in additional student developers into open-source software development.
The timing of this internship is students friendly such that you can spend your summer break writing code and learning about open source development while earning a stipend!
if you gain acceptance, you will be made to work with a mentor and become a part of the open-source community.
As a result of participating in this internship, a lot of persons end up becoming lifetime open source developers. Let’s also let you know that Google Summer Internship is open to university students, and the age requirement is 18 and above in most countries.
Details of Google Summer Internship
- Institution(s): Google
- Location: Online (Virtual)
- Internship Focused Areas: Programming
- Internship Period: The Internship period is for a period of 3 months.
- Internship Application Deadline: April 19, 2022.
- Benefits of Google Summer Internship: The Google Summer Internship will provide the following benefits to successfully selected Applicants
- A Minimum of 1500 USD Stipend & Maximum of 3300 USD Stipend depending on the country.
- Interns will have the opportunity to Work with large International Companies
Please note that Stipends are paid in two parts, one after each successful evaluation.
- The First Evaluation would be paid in July 19 at about 45%
- The Final Evaluation of 55% will be paid on September 1
Requirements for Google Summer Internship
To be eligible for this Google Summer internship, Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- The Required Language is English
- Eligible Countries: Countries around the globe
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age when registering for the program
- He/She must be enrolled in or accepted into a post-secondary academic program to be eligible, that includes a college, university, master’s program, PhD program, undergraduate program, licensed coding school or the applicant must have graduated from the program between December 1, 2021, and May 17, 2022.
- The applicant must be eligible to work in the country they will reside in during the program.
- He/She must not already be accepted as a Student in GSoC two or more times.
How Google Summer Internship Works
- Students will need to make contact with the mentor organizations they want to work with and write up a project proposal for the summer. Once they’re accepted, they will be assigned to spend a month integrating with their organizations prior to the start of coding. They will then be given 3 months to code, meeting the deadlines agreed upon with their mentors.
- The moment a student is accepted, organizations discuss possible ideas with students and then decide on the proposals they wish to mentor for the summer. Mentors are usually provided to help guide each student through the program.
- Contributors to the organizations are allowed to mentor a student project. These Mentors and students work together to determine appropriate milestones and requirements for the summer.
How to Apply for Google Summer Internship 2022
To secure a position with Google Summer Internship, kindly follow the below application instructions:
- Open an account on Google Summer of Code (GSoc) via the link below: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/
- Once that is done, submit the online application before the deadline date
- Your project proposal should be made ready
- To apply for the internship, visit the official application webpage below: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/
Google Summer Internship Application tips & Guides
- Note that all the projects are open-source. You might need to start contributing to them even while you are applying, and after you have applied.
- It is important that you remain in touch with the community once you have applied, by doing this, the organization sees your level of interest and dedication towards them.
- Your proposal should be detailed. State how are you planning to go about it? Approaches you have in mind. You can also propose additional features in the project while writing your proposal.
- Make sure your proposal is Written in drafts and keep improving it. Avoid submitting your proposal directly to the organization. Meanwhile, you have Mentors on standby to help you in the process. So it’s important you ask them to review your project proposal since they have good insight into the project and can help you make your proposal the best.