The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024 is designed for activists, journalists, civil society leaders, and scholars worldwide to immerse themselves in a five-month fully-funded fellowship program at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) in Washington D.C.
This prestigious exchange program aims to promote global democratic developments by enabling fellows to conduct independent research on various aspects of democracy in specific countries or regions.
Additionally, the fellows have the chance to enhance their skills and expertise through the International Forum for Democratic Studies, a leading institution in the analysis of democratic transitions worldwide.
Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship caters to both practitioners and scholars. Practitioners will have the opportunity to refine strategies and techniques for fostering democracy globally, while scholars will focus on conducting original and exclusive research for their publications.
Regardless of their background, all fellows benefit from engaging with counterparts, access to abundant resources for research and writing, and the opportunity to build professional networks with fellow democracy advocates from around the world.
The program warmly welcomes practitioners from developing or aspiring democracies, as well as individuals from non-democratic countries and established democracies. NED’s democracy fellowship program encompasses a wide array of educational and recreational events designed to deepen the fellows’ understanding of NED’s work and related institutions.
Benefits of the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024
- Monthly Stipend: Fellows will receive a monthly stipend to cover their living expenses during the fellowship.
- Health Insurance: The fellowship covers health insurance for the duration of the program.
- Housing: A furnished rental apartment will be provided, ensuring a comfortable stay in Washington D.C.
- Travel Costs: The fellowship covers the roundtrip travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.
- Living Allowance: Costs of living, including food, local transportation, and other necessities, are covered.
- Equipped Office: Fellows will have access to a fully equipped office space for their research and work.
- Professional Development: The fellowship covers the cost of long-distance phone calls and professional trips on a limited budget.
Eligibility Criteria of the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024
The eligibility criteria for both practitioners and scholars are as follows:
- Proficiency in English is required and this cuts across all applicants.
- The proposed project must focus on the political, social, economic, legal, or cultural aspects of democratic countries.
- Fellows must be available for the entire five-month duration of the program at the residence in Washington D.C.
Eligibility for Practitioners Track:
- Applicants must be mid-career professionals.
- Practical experience in promoting democracy or human rights in their country or region is essential.
Eligibility for Scholars:
- Applicants must have completed a Ph.D. or an equivalent academic degree at the time of application.
- A track record of publications in their respective fields is necessary.
- Scholars must submit a detailed outline of their research project for the fellowship.
Applying for the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024
To apply for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024, kindly follow these steps:
- Create an online account through the fellowship’s online portal on: www.nedfellowships.org/Start/ReaganFascell
- After successful registration, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
- Use the confirmation email to create a username and password to continue the application process.
November 7, 2023.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- World Forum For Democracy in Germany 2022 Fully Funded – Apply Now!
- Hurford Youth Leadership Program 2023 for Young Leaders In Washington D.C, USA Fully Funded – Apply Now
- U.S. Elections 2020 Timeline – U.S. Elections Timeline
- Password Security Practices – Best Password Security Practices Available
- Hurford Youth Fellowship Program 2023-2024 – APPLY NOW!
- Rules of the Road on Trade – Biden Promise to set ‘Rules of the Road’ on Trade