The Ontario Trillium Scholarship 2023-24, is an esteemed program offered by Western University in Ontario, Canada, designed to attract highly qualified international students to pursue fully funded doctoral studies in Canada.
This scholarship, valued at $40,000 per year and renewable for up to 4 years, aims to bring exceptional talent to Ontario for Ph.D. studies. This prestigious scholarship provides financial support to deserving students, enabling them to focus on their academic and research endeavors.
Ontario Trillium Scholarship
The primary purpose of the Ontario Trillium Scholarship is to bring exceptional international talent to Ontario for doctoral studies. Through is fully funded scholarship opportunity, Western University aims to create a diverse and inclusive academic community that fosters excellence in research and innovation.
The scholarship provides opportunities for students to engage in groundbreaking research projects and contribute to their respective fields of study.
- Applicants must be international applicants.
- Be a current student at an Ontario institution at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Must have a first-class average of 80% or higher, as calculated at the time of admission to Western University.
Eligibility for Scholarship Award:
To continue holding the Ontario Trillium Scholarship, recipients must fulfill the following conditions:
- Must remain registered as a full-time doctoral student in an eligible program at Western University throughout the duration of the award.
- Recipients are not allowed to concurrently hold a Tri-Council award, an Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), or a Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEIIGSST).
- Annual renewal of the award is contingent upon satisfactory progress and maintaining first-class standing in the program.
- If a recipient becomes a permanent resident of Canada during the tenure of the award, they may continue to hold the Ontario Trillium Scholarship.
Benefits of the Ontario Trillium Scholarship
The Ontario Trillium Scholarship offers a substantial financial support package to the recipients. The scholarship is valued at $40,000 per year and can be renewed for up to 4 years, aligning with the duration of the recipient’s Ph.D. program.
The financial assistance provided by this scholarship helps students focus on their research and academic pursuits without the burden of financial constraints.
Application Process for The Ontario Trillium Scholarship
To apply for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship, interested students must follow these steps:
- Apply for postgraduate studies at Western University, Canada, through the official website on: https://www.president.uwo.ca/honour_roll/students/trillium.html
- Applicant’s are expected to express their interest in being considered for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship during the application process.
- Complete the application process by submitting all required documents and fulfilling the necessary criteria.
- Application processes and requirements may be updated yearly, so it is important for students to stay updated and follow the instructions provided by Western University.
The application deadline for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship varies depending on the program.
Nomination Process for Ontario Trillium Scholarship
To be considered for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship, interested students are encouraged to express their interest to the graduate program chair as part of their application for admission into Western University.
The graduate chair then nominates eligible students for the scholarship based on their qualifications and potential for academic success.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How competitive is the Ontario Trillium Scholarship?
The Ontario Trillium Scholarship is highly competitive, as it attracts top-tier international students. The selection process takes into account academic excellence, research potential, and other factors to identify the most deserving candidates.
Can I apply for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship if I am currently studying in Canada?
No, the eligibility criteria state that applicants must not be currently studying at an Ontario institution at the undergraduate or graduate level to be considered for the scholarship.
What does a “first-class average” mean in terms of eligibility?
A “first-class average” refers to achieving a minimum of 80% or higher in each of the last two most recently completed years of full-time university study, or an equivalent to full-time study.
Can I hold other scholarships while receiving the Ontario Trillium Scholarship?
No, recipients of the Ontario Trillium Scholarship cannot concurrently hold a Tri-Council award, an Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), or a Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEIIGSST).
More Related Content
- WHY ARE COTTAGE PRICES INCREASING IN ONTARIO
- Top Canadian Companies Hiring for Remote or Flexible Jobs
- Why More Ontarions Are Considering Private Mortgages? – How Do I Get A Mortgage In Ontario?
- Western Union Tracking – How to Track a Western Union Money Transfer
- Western Union Foundation Fellowship 2022/2023 – Apply Now