The Nigeria Prize for Science 2024 is presently accepting entries from suitably qualified innovators and scientists in Nigeria and across the globe. The Prize honors scientists worldwide who contribute to the solution of a local or “Nigerian” problem, as defined and publicized by the prize’s advisory board. It also rewards excellence in scientific discoveries.
The Prize is awarded annually to promote the development and use of science and technology. It is anticipated that the race for a major scientific award will advance research and technology in Nigeria, provide answers to problems important to the nation’s development, and raise living standards.
Overview of the Nigeria Prize for Science
Nigerian Prize for Science is endowed with a vision to stimulate the advancement and application of science and technology. The prize is administered by the Advisory Board for Science, chaired by Professor Barth Nnaji, a luminary in the field of robotics and Nigeria’s former Minister of Science and Technology.
Benefits of Nigeria Prize for Science
- The Advisory Board, supported by the secretariat within NLNG, shoulders the responsibility of overseeing the prize. From governance to administration, they navigate the intricate path of recognizing and rewarding scientific brilliance.
- The Grand Prize of $100,000 is awarded to winners, a testament to the significance of scientific contributions.
Eligibility Requirements for the Nigeria Prize for Science 2024
- Entries for the Nigeria Prize for Science extend to both Nigerians and international participants.
- Candidates must be applying science to enhance healthcare therapy in a novel way.
- The Nigeria Prize for Science invites only the best. Submission must stand as a completed work of outstanding merit, pushing the boundaries of knowledge or providing innovative solutions to climate change. Tangible societal impact is the touchstone, and proof of concept is a vital companion on this journey.
- Only one entry per individual or group is permitted, so make it count.
- Members of the Advisory Board and Panel of Judges, along with their relatives, are excluded during and a year after their service.
- Employees of Nigeria LNG Limited and their families face a five-year ineligibility post-service.
How to Apply
- Qualified Candidates should visit the official portal at https://www.thenigeriaprizes.org/application-form-2/ to apply
- The process of submission requires attention to detail, with a maximum file size of 500MB and the option to upload up to 10 files, ensure your submissions align with the specified requirements.
- A scanned passport-sized photograph adds a personal touch to your scientific endeavor.
For more details, visit the Nigeria LNG Limited website at https://www.thenigeriaprizes.org/the-nigeria-prize-for-science/nps_call_for_entry/
The Advisory Board ensures a fair judging process, from the appointment and supervision of judges to the approval of outcomes, every step is well designed to uphold the integrity of the prize.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2024
- Winner Announcement: September 2024
- Award Presentation: The winner(s) will bask in the spotlight during a Press Conference in September, culminating in a Grand Award Ceremony in October 2024, commemorating the first export of LNG cargo by NLNG on October 9, 1999.
More Related Content
- RTMH Early Career Grants Programme for Global Health Professionals & Innovators 2024 ( Up to £5,000 Grant)
- Mirror Awards for Journalists 2024 (Up to $10,000 In Prizes) – APPLY NOW
- British Council’s Nigeria Arts Grants Enhancing the Nigerian Arts Scene (Cash Prize of 1.5 Million Naira) – APPLY NOW
- Columbia School of Journalism Ira A. Lipman Fellowship 2024 ($10,000 Awards) – APPLY NOW
- World Intellectual Property Day(WIPD) – Youth Video Competition 2024 (Up to CHF 5,000 Prize) | How to Apply