A call to participate in the 2022 Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Programme, the mentorship program is for African pre Ph.D. Students. The 2022 Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Programme, is an arrangement for an exciting second round of the mentorship program scheme in collaboration with the Mathematical Institute at the University of Oxford.
About Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Program
Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Programme aims to support and encourage a small group of promising pre-PhD students, who are based in sub-Saharan Africa and hope to continue Ph.D. studies within the field of mathematical sciences.
Details of 2022 Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Program
- The Application Deadline for Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Programme: 4th May 2022 by 12.00 PM GMT
- Type of Scholarship: Training
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- Awards to be taken: Online
- Number of Awards position: Not Specified
- Duration of Programme: 8 Weeks
Eligible Persons for Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Program
Are you interested? please note that all Interested Mfano Africa mentees are required to:
- Menteea must have completed a mathematical sciences BA or BSc degree
- They must also demonstrate high academic excellence and give evidence of striving to improve
- Mentees must be motivated for further study.
Benefits of Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Program
Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Programme is a part-time online program that includes:
- Eight weeks of mini-project to be undertaken in July/August 2022.
- Successful students will be matched with a mentor at the University of Oxford-based on mutual research interests, they will be made to work on a mini-project during a series of several one-on-one meetings online in order to build up research experience.
- Also, successful students will also be directed to useful pre-recorded lectures from recent courses at the Mathematical Institute and offered specific career development training and guidance on making Ph.D. applications, plus networking events.
- A stipend of £230 (GBP) will be available to successful students to support any associated costs for internet data, printing, stationery, etc.
Apply Now for the 2022 Mfano Africa Oxford Virtual Mentorship Program
Eligible Individuals who wish to apply should send an email to [email protected] by 12.00 PM GMT on Wednesday 4 May 2022. The email should have the following documents in it:
- Transcript scores to date (scanned into a single pdf)
- An up to date Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Word summary of your research (500 Words) that should contain your interests and what topics you might wish to explore during a PhD
- An academic reference letter, is to be sent by your referee directly to [email protected]
Please note that an online interview will also be conducted during the week commencing 16 May 2022. For further questions, contact Mfano Africa at [email protected].
Visit the Award official Webpage below for more details and application guidelines https://sites.google.com/view/mfano-africa/home