The Islamic Development bank undergraduate scholarship was launched in 1983 with the objective of providing educational opportunities to academically diligent students from the IsDB member countries (MCs) and other Muslim communities in non-member countries to train them in specific fields in order to improve their special economic conditions to contribute to the development of their communities and countries.
The Islamic Development Bank Undergraduate Scholarship
The main objective of this program is to help bring up or train people from Muslim communities and MCs who will bring in development to their communities.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria below. Remember that you must be an academically sound and diligent student to even be considered for this scholarship. The following criteria listed below must be met also;
- Applicants must be a citizen of any of the IsDB member countries or a citizen of Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- If you are a candidate from a non-member country, you must be a Muslim
- You must have obtained at least a high school diploma or you must be a registered student of one of the top ten public universities of your country.
- Must have at least 70% in his/her high school final GPA.
- Your field of study must be listed in the list of eligible courses for the scholarship.
- Must be a certified English speaker. Certified by a language proficiency test.
- At the moment of this scholarship, you must not be a recipient of any other scholarship
- Must be medically fit at the time of application and willing to undergo medical tests after selection.
Eligible Fields of Study
This scholarship is only available for the following fields of study.
|Fields of study||Potential Specializations|
|Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Laboratories, Microbiology, Public Health, Nutrition, Health Services Management, Bio-Medicine, Medical Technology, Veterinary, Chemistry, Biology, Bio-Technology, and related fields.
|Engineering: Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Surveying, Urban Planning,
|· Sustainable Cities
· Innovation & Infrastructure Development
· Waste Management
|Agriculture and Forestry
|Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
|Physics, Geology and related fields
|Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunication, and Electronics and related fields
|ICT for Development|
|Natural Resources, Marine Sciences
Water and Hygiene
|Law, Media & Journalism, Political Sciences, Entrepreneurship, and Trade & Commerce
Finance and Banking
|Statistics, Demography Econometrics, and Social Studies
|Education, Psychology and Learning, Education Policy and International Development
Education for Sustainable Development
Benefits of This Scholarship
- A monthly stipend
- Tuition fees
- Cost of medical treatment at the university’s hospital
- An Economy class return air tickets (at the commencement and completion of study) and installation and equipment allowance for the students selected to study abroad at partnered universities/countries.
The Obligations of the Recipients of this Scholarship
- Sign the IsDB’s prescribed Scholarship Agreement form stating their commitment to their studies and to serve their communities and countries upon completion of the program
- Commitment to cover, after the completion of their undergraduate study, either of the tuition fees of the first year of their Master’s degree.
In this case, the IsDB will give them support by covering the fees of their second year of study. Otherwise, they shall cover the cost of the first year of study for a new undergraduate student from the same community/country nominated by the IsDB.
- A commitment to devote themselves to their studies on a full-time basis without interruption and to provide the IsDB with progress reports on their studies on a regular basis.
- Not to seek or accept other scholarship or remunerated work during their study under the IsDB Programme.
- Respect the laws of the country of study and maintain good conduct consistent with the rules, regulations, and objectives of the ISDB Programme and the overall mission and objectives of the IsDB
- Register with the Alumni after graduation.
Deadline for Application
The deadline for the application for this scholarship is the 28th of February 2022.
For more information, and the application for this scholarship visit the main website of the IsDB.