As part of the Speak Up Culture, regional campaign, the TANDEM Media Awards is black for its second edition. If you are a journalist, student journalist, Artists or professional photographer from Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria or Tunisia ensure not to miss this opportunity to participate in the second edition of the TANDEM Media Awards hosted by the EU Neighbors south.
The competition highlights the importance of partnerships and centers around the theme of culture, an area in which the European Union actively engages through various forms of assistance and contributions. This particular edition of the contest emphasizes the significant role played by cultural and creative industries, emphasizing their influence on society, the economy, and the lives of individuals.
Categories Of TANDEM Media Awards Second Edition
In the second edition of the competition, participants will compete in four different categories as pairs.
- TANDEM Journalism (consisting of both a male journalist and a female journalist)
- TANDEM Academy (comprising of both a student and a professional journalist)
- TANDEM Art (featuring both a journalist and an artist)
- TANDEM Photography (involving both a professional photographer and a journalist)
Who are the Founders Of the TANDEM Media Awards?
EU Neighbors South, the creators of the Media Awards, is a regional communication Programme funded by the European Union. It aims to raise awareness about the European Union in the Southern Neighborhood region, consisting of 10 countries and territories: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, and Tunisia.
The primary goal of this Programme is to enhance public perception and attitudes towards the EU and foster a more receptive environment for European values in partner countries within the Neighborhood. This is achieved through communication efforts that highlight the impacts of EU partnerships in the Southern Neighborhood region. Additionally, the Programme works alongside the EU Delegations and collaborates closely with the communication teams at the European Commission to support their communication initiatives.
Benefits Of TANDEM Media Awards
- The pair that emerges as winners will be honored with a highly esteemed accolade and a prize of EUR3,000.
- Pairs that make it to the shortlist will have the opportunity to attend the prize-giving ceremony, where they can connect with experts and other participants, fostering networking opportunities.
In order to participate in the second edition of TANDEM Media Awards, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- Entrants to the TANDEM Media Awards can submit various forms of media, such as articles, TV programs, radio content, video reports, documentaries, podcasts, multimedia presentations, and photo reports.
- Participants are expected to present narratives that showcase EU-funded projects or cultural initiatives in the Southern Neighborhood.
- This opportunity is open to journalists, student journalists, artists, and professional photographers.
- Only individuals from Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, and Tunisia are eligible to participate.
How to Apply For TANDEM Media Awards Second Edition 2023
Participants have the opportunity to submit their works until the deadline of 15th October 2023, precisely at 23:59 CET. They can do so by utilizing the provided Google Form. The announcement of the winners will take place during the prize-giving ceremony scheduled for December 2023.
For further information visit TANDEM Media Awards
October 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Program 2023 (Culture -Wide Tandem)
- United Nations Regional Course in International Law 2023 for African Scholars – Apply Now!
- Destination Australia Scholarships 2023-2024 – APPLY NOW
- World Youth Alliance Internship Program 2021 and How to Become a Member
- EU To Open Microsoft Antitrust Investigation into Teams Bundling
- Immigration Consultants in Vancouver: Why you need It
- 10 Common Spouse Visa Interview Questions and their Answers