The Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation 2023 is open to ambitious and talented sub-Saharan African engineers, the prize is applicable to all engineering fields. African engineers are strongly encouraged to apply to demonstrate both innovative, engineering and entrepreneurship skills.
About Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation
The Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation was established by the Royal Academy of Engineering, it is actually Africa’s biggest prize dedicated to engineering innovation.
Shortlisted innovative applicants would go through a six-month period of training and mentoring. During the period of mentorship, finalists will be invited to present at an event held in Africa and a winner will be selected to receive £25,000 along with those who fall in the category of runners-up, who will each be awarded £10,000.
Currently, in its eighth year, the Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation awards commercialization support to African innovators developing scalable engineering solutions to local challenges. These innovations seem to display the importance of engineering in improving quality of life and economic development.
The Prize offers a unique benefits package for up to 16 shortlisted participants to help accelerate their business including:
- Access to business and technical expertise and specific engineering mentoring
- Press coverage and communications support
- A Seven-month tailored training program
- An Access to the Academy’s network of high profile engineers and business experts in the UK and Africa.
- The Opportunity for finalists to present their innovation to a judging panel at the Africa prize showcase event
- Prize money of up to £25,000
Details of Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation
- The Application Deadline: 19th July 2022, 12 pm BST.
- Number of Awardees: Not Specified
- Worth of Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation: winners will be invited to present at an event held in Africa and a winner will be selected to receive £25,000, additionally, the runners-up will each be awarded £10,000
- The Duration of Program: 6month period of training and mentoring.
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries.
Criteria for Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation 2022
Please note the eligibility criteria below for Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation:
- All Applicants must be individuals or groups of no more than three people.
- Individual applicants must be citizens of a country within sub-Saharan Africa and currently reside there.
- The lead applicant from a team of two or three persons must be a citizen of a country within sub-Saharan Africa and currently reside there.
- Candidates are required to have an engineering innovation and provide a letter of support from a university or research institution.
- Note that Industrial researchers and establishments are not eligible.
- An applicant’s innovation can be any new product, technology, or service, based on research in engineering defined in its broadest sense to encompass a wide range of fields,
- Such fields as agricultural technology, biotechnology, chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer science, design engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, ICT, materials science, mechanical engineering, and medical engineering.
- The applicants must have achieved the development of early stages of commercializing, an engineering innovation
How to Apply for Sub-Saharan Africa Price for Engineering Innovation
Eligible applicants are required to submit their various applications via the online grants system. It is important to read the guidance notes before submitting an application.
Kindly Visit the Program’s official Webpage just below for more Detail and guidelines on how to go about the application https://www.raeng.org.uk/global/sustainable-development/africa-prize
- 7 Platforms to Send Money to Africa – The Best Ways of Sending Money to Africa
- USIU Africa Scholarship Program 2022/2023 For Young Africans | Apply Now
- Fully Funded Digital Innovation for Development in Africa (DIDA) PhD Fellowships 2022 – Apply Now
- Apply Now For Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program (HSAFP) 2022/2023 – Study in Harvard University