Here is a unique chance for graduate Africans to enroll for Ph.D. research, the Fully Funded Digital Innovation for Development in Africa (DIDA) PhD Fellowships 2022 is offered and supported by a conglomerate of international experts for the development of digital diagnostics as transformative technologies for African Healthcare systems. Digital Diagnostics for Africa Network was established in 2020 and funded by the UKRI Global Challenge Research Challenge Fund.
Digital Innovation for Development in Africa (DIDA) Ph.D. Fellowships 2022
Fully Funded Digital Innovation for Development in Africa Ph.D. Fellowships consist of a network of experts from the international and interdisciplinary communities with a strong interest in developing innovative digital diagnostics approaches to tackle diseases that affect the African continent.
Please note that successful applicants for fully funded Digital Innovation for Development In Africa PhD Fellowships will be based at African institutions and will be part of a close-knit group receiving training in diagnostic development and professional skills which will equip them to be future leaders in this field.
Details of Fully Funded Digital Innovation for Development in Africa Ph.D. Fellowships
- Application Deadline: May 13, 2022, 5 pm BST
- Type of Scholarship: Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Number of Scholarships: 10
- Benefits of Digital Innovation for Development in Africa Ph.D. Fellowships: Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria for Fully Funded Digital Innovation for Development in Africa Ph.D. Fellowships
- Interested applicants for this Fellowship must be citizens of an African country and be well qualified to enroll in a Ph.D. program at the host University.
- It is expected that successful applicants should have a track-record of academic excellence, with a first-class or upper second class (or equivalent) undergraduate degree and a relevant Masters degree
- Applicants who have the equivalent of the above relevant research or industrial experience should explain this clearly in their letter of motivation.
Selection of Applicants
Please take note of the following selection criteria below:
- An Applicant’s CV and letters of Motivation will be used to shortlist applicants who can demonstrate that they have outstanding academic potential, highly, motivated, hard-working, professional, and excellent team players, with a strong interest in the
- The potential of digital diagnostics technologies will also be used to select hence, PhD fellows are expected to demonstrate that they have knowledge, skills and some experience relevant to the project(s) they wish to undertake
- Interviews will be carried out online of which the full details will be sent to the candidates
- Once an applicant is shortlisted for an interview, the following doc. Will be required: proof of identity, proof of qualifications, etc
It is important to note that Interviews will be conducted by a gender-balanced panel from within the network, including representatives from host institutions.
- Post interview: Successful applicants will receive a confirmation message of the awards
How to Apply for Fully Funded Digital Innovation for Development in Africa Ph.D. Fellowships:
Interested applicants are advised to go through all application requirements before applying.
For more details, visit the award Webpage.