Spam Emails are usually used by spammers and there are steps on how to stop getting spam emails in your inbox that this content will state and explain. If you have been in search of a valid way how you can stop getting or receiving spam emails then you need to keep on reading this article for more information.
Steps on How to Stop Getting Spam Emails in your Inbox
In order for you to stop getting or receiving spam emails in your inbox there are some steps that you should consider and they will be given if you keep reading. Moreover, before we go into that you will have to have an idea of what spam emails are and also other information so keep on reading.
What are Spam Emails?
Spam Emails are also known as junk emails or just spam and they are unsolicited messages that are sent in form of bulk through email. Well, these messages need to be clear if you are been sent regularly and also find a way on how you can be able to stop it and this article will give you the steps to do that.
How do I get Stop Receiving Spam Emails?
The process of you stooping spam emails is not quite easy but might be a little bit difficult if you only share your email address with some of your friends and not all. Well, you need to also know that there might be a possibility that your email address might be gotten by spammers and even if you change it, it would not solve the problem.
Furthermore, there are some steps that you can consider if you want to get rid of or stop receiving spam emails and they will be listed and explained further below.
Make use of Junk Email Filter for Email Applications:
Several email applications that are available in these recent times are good at filtering out spam messages and you can also go through them either with your folder for junk or spam folders and then and then see how much spam goes straight to your email without going to your inbox first.
Going further, you need to ensure that you decide on the messages that should go to your email through your email applications, and then if you ever come across one you can just proceed to delete it.
Ensure that you Block Spam Senders
The ability for you to have assurance that you will not be getting any spam messages is that you will have to ensure that you block spam senders. Well, you also need to know that nowadays spammers can go through different ways just to send messages and that involves the use of various kinds of emails. Moreover, you can be able to block senders on your Mac or iOS device and the way how you can be able to do that will be given below.
How to Block Spam Senders on your Mac
The steps that you need to take and the instructions that you need to follow for you to block senders on your Mac are provided below.
- Firstly, you need to launch “Mail and then search for messages from any address that you want to block.
- Then you need to ensure that your pointer hovers over the address until you are sure that you see a “Dropdown” arrow.
- After that, you can now tap or click on the “Arrow” and then select the “Block Contact” button.
How to Block Spam Senders on your iOS Device
Follow the steps and instructions below to block spam senders on your iOS device and also make sure that you don’t mix the steps up.
- First and foremost, you need to look for a message in your mail from the address that you will want to block.
- Then after that step, carefully click on the name in the “From” section.
- Now as soon as it turns blue, click on it again and select among the options the “Block this Contact” button.
These are the instructions and steps that you need to follow for you to block spam messages on your iOS device.
You Should Consider Using the Hide My Email Feature on Mac and iOS
One thing that you should certainly consider is the “Hide my Email” feature in both macOS Monterey and iOS 15 that is made available when you have an iCloud plus subscription. Well, there are simple steps and instructions on how you can make use of the Hide my Email feature on your Mac and iOS, and they will be provided when you read on.
How to Use the Hide My Email Feature on your Mac
If you don’t know how to make use of the Hide My Email feature on your Mac, follow the steps and instructions below to easily do that.
- Firstly, you need to make sure that you go to the menu for “Apple” and then select the “System Preferences” button.
- Then choose both the “Apple ID and iCloud” buttons.
- Then select the option that is close to “Hide My Email”.
- After that, you are to click the plus (+) button that is located at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Then ensure that you carefully give the address a label and click on the “Continue” button.
- The address that you labeled is what you will make use of any time you need to provide an email.
How to Use the Hide My Email Feature on your iOS
In order for you to use the Hide My Email feature on your iOS you will have to follow the instructions and steps below.
- Kindly launch your “Settings” and also proceed to click or tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Then click or tap on “iCloud”.
- After that select, the “Hide My Email” button.
- Then when you have done that tap on the “Create New Address” button.
- Ensure that you give the address a label and carefully click the “Next” button.
- Tap and hold on to the address and then select the “Copy” button.
- As soon as you have copied it the whole process is finished.
With these guidelines that have been provided above for you to follow you can be able to make use of the Hide My Email feature in your iOS and also stop receiving spam emails.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Spam Emails Safe?
Spam emails are actually annoying sometimes but some of them can put your digital safety at risk while some spam messages often contain viruses, malware ad other cyber threats.
Do Spam Emails mean viruses?
Well, in general, spam messages are not viruses but, in some cases, some of them may contain malware that may be harmful to your device.
Do Spammers Know If you open their Email?
Scammers can be able to know if you opened an email if you download any attachments or click any links.
Can I get hacked by opening an email?
Yes, you can, and also just by click clicking a link in an email you can have your passwords changed, bank accounts hacked and identity stolen.