Applications are currently being invited for the SJPL Rhodes Scholarships 2024 in the United Kingdom (UK). This scholarship is designed for talented and ambitious students from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, or Palestine, to pursue a Master’s or PhD degree at one of the most prestigious universities in the world.
The SJPL Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship program that aims to provide exceptional students with the opportunity to study at Oxford University and unlock a brighter future. Let’s examine in detail about this remarkable opportunity, including the requirements, benefits, and how you can apply.
SJPL Rhodes Scholarships
The Rhodes Scholarship, established by Cecil Rhodes (1853-1902), is a renowned international postgraduate award managed by the Rhodes Trust. Oxford University offers a rich academic environment, providing a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses taught by award-winning faculty members.
The Scholarships invite suitably qualified students from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine to apply for fully funded scholarships at Oxford University. The award will support outstanding individuals in pursuing their Master’s or PhD degrees, enabling them to contribute to their communities and shape a brighter future.
SJPL Rhodes Scholarships Financial Benefits
Selected scholars for the SJPL Rhodes Scholarship, will receive a comprehensive package of financial support, including coverage for all university and college fees, the university application fee, a living stipend of £16,218 per year, and economy class airfare to Oxford at the beginning and end of the scholarship period.
The scholarship is initially awarded for two years, with the possibility of an extension to a third year for those pursuing a DPhil (PhD) degree.
To apply for the SJPL Rhodes Scholarships 2024, applicants must provide the following documents:
- Birth certificate
- Copy of a valid passport
- Official transcripts (college or university)
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae Cv
- A passport photograph
- A Personal statement of 1000 words maximum
Eligibility Criteria for the SJPL Rhodes Scholarships
The following conditions must be met for applicants to be considered for the SJPL Rhodes Scholarships 2024:
- Nationality: Applicants must be citizens of Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, or Palestine.
- Age: As of October 1, 2023, applicants must meet one of the following age criteria:
18 to 24 years old, born between October 1, 1999, and October 1, 2005.
Up to 27 years old, born after October 1, 1996, and completed their first undergraduate degree after October 1, 2022.
- Applicants are expected to have already or about to complete by undergraduate degree by June/July 2024 with a First Class or minimum GPA of 3.70 out of 4.0.
Candidates who rank among the top performers in their graduating classes are typically preferred.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants must demonstrate a high level of English proficiency, meeting the requirements specified by the University of Oxford.
How to Apply for SJPL Rhodes Scholarships 2023-24?
To apply for the SJPL Rhodes Scholarships in the UK;
- Eligible candidates must submit their applications online through the application portal on: https://rhodes.embark.com/apply/2024
- It is important to carefully follow the instructions and provide all the necessary information and supporting documents listed above
- More details regarding this scholarship can be found at the official website on: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/applications/syria-jordan-lebanon-and-palestine-sjlp/
The deadline for submitting applications for the SJPL Rhodes Scholarships 2024 in the UK is August 31, 2023.
Can applicants from countries other than Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine apply for the SJPL Rhodes Scholarships 2024?
No, the scholarship is exclusively available to applicants from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine.
Are the SJPL Rhodes Scholarships available for undergraduate programs?
No, the SJPL Rhodes Scholarships are specifically for Master’s and PhD degree programs at Oxford University.
Can I apply for the scholarship if I am currently pursuing my undergraduate degree?
Yes, you can apply if you will complete your undergraduate degree by June/July 2024 and meet all other eligibility criteria.
Is the scholarship renewable for the third year of a DPhil (PhD) program?
Yes, subject to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct, the scholarship may be extended for a third year for those pursuing a DPhil (PhD) degree.
Can I apply if I don’t meet the English language proficiency requirements?
Applicants must meet the English language proficiency requirements specified by the University of Oxford to be eligible for the scholarship.
More Related Content
- Rhodes Scholarship Application Link – Apply Now!
- How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarships for International Students – Oxford University
- University Of Oxford Rhodes Trust Scholarships 2023/2024 – APPLY NOW!
- South African Mandela Rhodes Scholarships 2022 – How to Apply Now
- How to Apply for Brown University’s Health Equity Scholars Program