The Rhodes Scholarship is offered by the University of Oxford. Application is currently open for exceptional students at Oxford University to apply for Rhodes Scholarships 2022/2023 intake.
About The Awards – Rhodes Scholarships
Rhodes Scholarships are strictly for postgraduate programs, the award offers support for exceptional students at the University of Oxford to further their education for both Master’s and PhD programs.
Rhodes scholarship was founded in 1902 and established in the will of Cecil Rhodes. The scholarship program is considered the oldest and most prestigious international scholarship program globally.
Details on the Rhodes Scholarships
- Application Deadline: July to October
- Host Institution(s): Oxford University, United Kingdom
- Study in: United.Kingdom (UK)
- Course Starting Date: October 2022
- Study Programme: Masters and PhD
- Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
- Level/Fields of study: The Rhodes Scholarship covers any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
- Number of Scholarships: Every year about 95 scholars are selected
- Target group: The following countries are the target group for this scholarship: Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Commonwealth Caribbean, East Africa, Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Southern Africa, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, United Arab Emirates, United States, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories of American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, West Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Note: Students who are not enrolled currently for Rhodes constituencies, can
Rhodes Scholarship Value & Duration: Rhodes Scholarship offers support funds that cover;
- Full University and College fees
- A living stipend of £17,310 per annum
- Health insurance
- Economy class flights (to and from the UK) during the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
How to Apply For Rhodes Scholarship
The Application process for Rhodes Scholarship only takes a few min to complete.
- Visit the application page at: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/applications/
- You will be required to enter your country in the box provided then click the Check your eligibility icon
- It is important to select the country you have the strongest connections with of you have dual citizenship.
Candidates are advised to read through the Scholarship information on the country-specific page to know the application criteria, eligibility requirements, and deadline specific to their country.
Requirements for Rhodes Scholarship
All Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria before applying for the Rhodes Scholarships:
- Applicants must meet the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying.
- An Applicants must be 18 years 1 October 2022 and have not reached their 25th birthday
- An Applicant must not be up to 27 years by 1 October 2022 and must meet the academic requirements for completing their first degree.
- The applicant’s academic standing must be high enough to ensure admission to the University of Oxford.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/the-rhodes-scholarship/