The Institute of African Studies has announced the application call for the 2023-24 edition of the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for early career women scholars from West Africa. This is the second and final call for applications for the second cohort which has been scheduled for 2023-24.
The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women is a remarkable initiative that aims to empower and support African women who are on the cusp of embarking on their journey in the world of academia.
This scholarship, backed by the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship – Advanced Scholars West Africa program, is designed to promote gender equality and sustainable development in the region.
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women 2023-24
The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women stands as a beacon of hope for young African women who are pursuing their academic dreams. This scholarship targets individuals who are in the final stages of their PhD program, postdoctoral researchers, and early career academics.
The scholarship is a manifestation of the commitment to addressing gender equality, a crosscutting goal encapsulated within Sustainable Development Goal 5.
These criteria are meticulously designed to ensure that the scholarship reaches individuals who are genuinely dedicated to advancing knowledge and promoting positive change.
- Applicants must be African women, embodying the spirit of the scholarship’s vision for gender equality and empowerment.
- Proficiency in either English or French is essential, as the ability to communicate effectively is crucial in the academic world.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a doctoral research, post-doctoral research, or early career research program.
- Eligibility extends to women from specific West African countries, including Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, and more.
- The research undertaken by the applicants should fall within the specified thematic areas, ensuring alignment with the program’s goals.
- Mobility is a prerequisite, and applicants must be willing to travel. These journeys could span across West Africa or extend to Canada, where feasible and permissible.
Benefits – What Does the Scholarship Cover?
The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women offers a comprehensive range of benefits that not only ease the financial burden but also provide opportunities for academic and personal growth. These benefits include:
- Mobility Expenses: The scholarship covers travel expenses, ensuring that scholars can engage with a diverse range of academic and cultural experiences.
- Accommodation: Comfortable and conducive living arrangements are provided, enabling scholars to focus on their research without worrying about lodging.
- Research Placement Expenses: Funding is allocated to support research placements, allowing scholars to access resources and collaborate with experts in their field.
- Travel and Health Insurance: Ensuring the well-being of scholars, this benefit encompasses both travel and health insurance, providing a safety net during their academic journey.
How to Apply
For those eager to seize this transformative opportunity, the application process for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women is easy and can be completed within a few minutes.
- Interested applicants are required to complete their application, providing all the necessary information and documents.
- This step ensures that the selection committee can assess each candidate holistically, considering their potential to contribute to their chosen field and to society as a whole.
There are three key steps to Appling:
- Review Eligibility Criteria
- Identify Research Mentors
- Identify Placement Partners
Kindly visit the official website at https://carleton.ca/africanstudies/2023/queen-elizabeth-scholarship-2023-24/ to commence your application
The application deadline for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women is September 20, 2023.
Is proficiency in both English and French mandatory for application?
Proficiency in either English or French is required, to ensure effective communication in the academic realm.
Are women from all African countries eligible?
The scholarship is open to women from specific West African countries. Please refer to the list of eligible countries for more information.
Can applicants apply for multiple thematic areas of research?
Applicants are encouraged to choose a thematic area that aligns with the scholarship’s goals for gender equality and sustainable development.
What is the significance of the scholarship’s focus on Sustainable Development Goal 5?
The focus on Sustainable Development Goal 5 underscores the commitment to gender equality as a transformative force for positive change.
Is there a limit to the number of scholarship recipients?
The number of scholarship recipients may vary based on the quality of applications and available resources.
More Related Content
- 2022 Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships For Masters Students
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023/2024 Fully Funded – Apply Now
- Queen’s University Scholarships 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- Free IELTS Preparation At Queens Land University 2023 In Australia – Apply Now
- UBC Elizabeth Henry Scholarship Fund 2023 For Communities and Environmental Health – Apply Now
- Queen Elizabeth II has Died