The 2022/2023 call for PROTEA Franco Grants application is open to South African researchers in research laboratories attached to higher education institutions or research organizations. The grant award is a partnership of PROTEA & Franco-South African Hubert Curien, and implemented in France by the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research, and also with the partner country by the National Research Foundation.
PROTEA Franco Grants 2022/2023 for South African Researchers
PROTEA Franco Grants was established in 1997 within the structure of an intergovernmental agreement between France and South Africa. Partenariat Hubert Curien (PHC) otherwise known as PROTEA is a program that offers support to the mobility of researchers from both scientific communities.
PROTEA Franco Grants can be accessed by French French and South African scientists and academics, the program aims to develop, through equal financial support, joint research, and research training capacities. Applications for this program are usually open annually.
PROTEA Franco Grants projects are proposed jointly by a French and South African project leader, however, they’re evaluated separately in France and South Africa and then selected by a joint Franco-South African committee. These projects are funded for 2 years and have supported more than 200 research projects between the two countries since their inception.
Summary of PROTEA Franco Grants For South Africans
- Application Deadline: May 30, 2022
- Eligible Fields: The program is concerned with all scientific fields, including the humanities and social sciences.
- Type of Scholarship: Grants
- Eligible Country: South Africa
- Number of Grants: Not specified
- Duration: 2 years
Eligibility criteria for PROTEA Franco Grants
- The project in France permits companies to participate. However, they are to be associated with an academic partner.
- In South Africa, companies are not eligible to participate in PROTEA Franco Grants
- Any other projects that have previously gained a certain form of support via PROTEA Franco Grants will not be given priority and therefore not be eligible to apply
- PROTEA Franco Grants application that will be successful must be submitted together by the partner researchers to the bodies responsible for the program in their respective countries.
- All French researchers are required to check with their partner
What is the Selection Process?
PROTEA Franco Grants selection process is as follows:
- The Scientific quality of the project and the teams;
- The Activeness in participation of young researchers (doctoral students, post-doctoral students, statutory researchers);
- Active participation of women;
- Applications from scholars from historically disadvantaged institutions will be favorably considered in South Africa
How to Apply for PROTEA Franco Grants For South Africans
Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to go through all application requirements before applying. The call for online application can be found by clicking the link below: https://www.campusfrance.org/fr/protea there you will find every detail you need to complete the application process.
- The Facebook Avatar Feature 2021 – Where Is My Facebook Avatar | How Do You Make an Avatar on Facebook 2021
- SCDEW Login Weekly Claim – How to Apply for The South Carolina Unemployment Insurance Program
- Court Blocks Shell’s Oil Exploration in South Africa
- Google Play Third-Party is Live in South Korea – Developers Cut Reduced by 4%
- Top African Food Shop in the UK