The Princeton Arts Fellowship 2023 is offered by Princeton University, it is a highly regarded program funded in part by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and the Maurice R. Greenberg Scholarship Fund.
The fellowship aims to support artists with exceptional promise in various artistic disciplines and teaching. In this article, we explore the details of the fellowship, its benefits, and the application process.
Princeton Arts Fellowship Details
The Princeton Arts Fellowship is a unique opportunity for early career artists to immerse themselves in an artistically vibrant community for two academic years. This fellowship caters to a diverse range of artistic practices, including visual arts, filmmaking, poetry, novels, playwriting, design, direction, and performance arts. Fellows will have the chance to teach and work at Princeton University, contributing to the artistic community.
During the program, Successful Candidates (Fellows) will spend two academic years consecutively (From September 1 to July 1) at Princeton University, to teach in and formal settings. They will be assigned to teach a course each semester subject to approval by the Dean of the Faculty, This will form part of their normal work during the fellowship.
As part of the program activities, fellows will carry out artistic assignments Including directing a play or creating a dance with students. This is to the end that Fellows become full and active members of the community and also committed to frequent and engaged interactions with students during the academic year.
About Princeton University
Princeton University, established in 1746 in New Jersey, is a distinguished private Ivy League research institution. It offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs in various disciplines, including humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and engineering. The Princeton School of Public and International Affairs provides professional degrees.
Eligibility and Requirements for Applicants
To be eligible for the Princeton Arts Fellowship;
- Applicants must be early-career artists with extraordinary promise in their respective fields.
- The fellowship is open to individuals from diverse backgrounds and nationalities; U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.
- D. holders from Princeton University are not eligible to apply.
- The fellowship cannot be used to fund work leading to a Ph.D. or any other advanced degree.
Benefits of the Princeton Arts Fellowship
- One of the most attractive aspects of the Princeton Arts Fellowship is the substantial stipend of $90,000 per year. This financial support enables fellows to focus on their artistic endeavors without financial stress.
- The fellowship provides a nurturing and supportive environment for artists to thrive and grow in their craft.
- All Interested and Qualified Candidates should Go to Princeton University on princeton.edu to apply
- The application process requires the submission of a curriculum vitae, contact information for three references, and work samples, such as writing samples, images of artwork, and video links to performances.
- Also, applicants must prepare a 750-word proposal outlining how they plan to use the fellowship years to develop their work, contribute to Princeton’s arts community, and promote diversity and inclusion in their artistic practice and teaching.
- For more details, kindly visit the University website at: https://arts.princeton.edu/fellowships/princeton-arts-fellowship/
September 12, 2023.
Can holders of Ph.D. degrees from Princeton University apply for the fellowship?
No, an individual holding a degree in Ph.D. from Princeton is eligible to apply.
How much is the stipend for the Princeton Arts Fellowship?
The fellowship offers a stipend of $90,000 per year.
Is teaching a mandatory component of the fellowship?
Yes, fellows are expected to engage in teaching, but they may also have artistic assignments.
How many times can an individual apply for the Princeton Arts Fellowship?
Applicants can only apply for the fellowship twice in a lifetime.
More Related Content
- Top 10 United States Universities to Study in 2023/2024
- Princeton in Africa – Nexus Fellowship 2023/2024 For African Scholars
- Future Lawyers Scholarship 2022/2023 In USA – How to Apply
- International Art Contest for Minority Artists 2023: $1,000 Prize Each (Second Edition)
- Lesley University – Lesley University Application Process and Application Requirements
- Stellenbosch University PhD Scholarships 2024 – APPLY NOW