Postdoctoral Research Programs at Columbia University, USA, are available for scholars who are passionate about exploring the pressing scientific and societal challenges of global sustainable development.
Columbia University proudly presents its Postdoctoral Research program, which is designed to foster research and development.
Applications are now being accepted for the upcoming 2024/2025 cohort. If you’re interested in this research opportunity, kindly read through it to find out how you can apply.
Postdoctoral Research Programs at Columbia University USA
This unique fellowship program in the USA is designed for innovative postdoctoral scholars.
The program provides scholars with an exceptional opportunity to establish a strong foundation in one of the key fields represented within the Earth Institute, encompassing social, earth, biological, engineering, and health sciences.
Simultaneously, participants will gain a broad, cross-disciplinary perspective essential for addressing the critical issues intertwined with sustainable development.
- Sponsored by: Columbia University, USA
- Host Institution: Columbia University, USA
- Financial Benefits: $71,640 Annually
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Study Level: Postdoctoral
- Eligible Gender: Men and Women
- Eligible Nationality: Open to domestic and international students
Requirement for Columbia University Postdoctoral Fellowship
To be considered for this program, candidates must fulfill the conditions below:
- The prospective Candidate is expected to have already attained a doctoral degree (Ph.D., M.D., or J.D.)
- This degree must have been earned within five years before the commencement of the appointment.
- All doctoral requirements must be fulfilled and the degree is awarded before the appointment begins.
- Candidates who currently hold positions with a rank above post-doctoral scientist are ineligible under university rules.
- Those already in post-doc positions should reach out to our office for eligibility verification.
- Both U.S. and non-U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
- Columbia University is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity employment, with a particular encouragement for minorities and women to apply.
Postdoctoral scholars within the Earth Institute will receive a competitive annual salary of $71,640. Additionally, they will be granted a research stipend of $12,000 over the two-year tenure, intended to cover reimbursable expenses associated with their appointment.
These funds can be allocated for various purposes, including relocation, moving expenses, computer equipment, travel, conference attendance, journal subscriptions, books, software, research equipment, and other research-related costs.
How to Apply for Columbia University Postdoctoral Fellowship
In applying for Postdoctoral Research Programs at Columbia University, USA, candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Online Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief Personal History
- Research Proposal
- 3 Recommendation Letters
Proposals should outline participation in existing multidisciplinary Earth Institute projects, contributions to ongoing initiatives, or the development of entirely new and innovative projects that tap into the vast expertise of the Earth Institute.
Also, applicants are encouraged to identify and connect with their preferred multidisciplinary mentoring team, consisting of two or more senior faculty members or research scientists/scholars at Columbia University. These mentors will be instrumental during their appointment.
Official webpage: https://www.earth.columbia.edu/articles/view/55
More Related Content
- How do I get a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada
- Columbia University Climate School Postdoctoral Research Program 2024 – Fully Funded
- Columbia College Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- Columbia University Acceptance Rate 2023 & Requirements
- Facebook Dating App Release – Facebook Dating Profile | Facebook Dating App