The New Europe College Fellowship Program for 2024/2025 is now accepting applications. Scholars from Romania and around the world, who have completed their postdoctoral studies in various fields of humanities and social sciences (including law and economics), are encouraged to apply.
Successful fellows will be involved in ongoing projects and participate in scientific events organized by NEC. Attendance at weekly seminars to discuss work progress is mandatory. At the conclusion of their fellowship, fellows are expected to submit a research paper that reflects the outcomes of their work during the fellowship period. These papers will be published in a NEC publication.
The Fellowship program offers several benefits to selected scholars, including:
- A monthly stipend of 850 Euros, which is tax-free.
- Accommodation in Bucharest, including living quarters and a dedicated workspace.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses from the scholar’s home/residence country to Bucharest and back.
- Fellows who stay for the entire academic year are eligible for a one-month research trip to an institution of their choice.
- Access to the library and electronic resources provided by the NEC.
- These Fellowships are available to scholars at the postdoctoral level, both from Romania and internationally, across all fields of the humanities and social sciences.
Candidates will be assessed by the judges according to the following criteria:
- The candidate’s academic trajectory and publications, looking for evidence of high quality and participation in international research.
- The candidate’s research proposal should be innovative and have a significant contribution to scholarship.
- Candidates with interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches will have an advantage.
How to Apply for New Europe College Fellowship Program 2024/2025
Applications will only be accepted in electronic format written in English, French or German using the online form at applications.nec.ro.
Candidates must upload the following documents:
- A recent photo
- Submission of a scanned copy of their PhD diploma.
- At least two original letters of reference (in English, French, or German) expressly written to support their application for the NEC Fellowship. Referees will receive an automated message with a deadline to upload their letter once the candidate submits their application. Candidates should notify their referees before the submission deadline of January 18, 2024.
- Applicants can submit their CV
- All questions in the application form must be answered within the allotted space.
- The project description should not exceed 12,000 characters with spaces and should describe the current research state in the candidate’s area of interest and the objectives.
For further information please visit the official website.
January 12, 2024.
- NEC Innovation Challenge 2023 for Startups (Up to $15,000) – APPLY NOW
- Baby Formula Side Effects and the NEC Baby Food Lawsuit
- Facebook Dating Romania: Facebook Dating App Download | Facebook Dating Review
- Fulbright Romania Student Award 2024/2025 in the United States (Fully Funded)
- Romania Government Scholarships 2023/2024 For Foreign Students – How to Apply!