The Romania Government Scholarships 2023/2024, is inviting suitably qualified international students from around the world to apply for the 2023-2024 edition of its scholarship program.
Through the MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs), the Romanian Government offers Scholarship opportunities to foreign citizens to pursue Undergraduate, Master and Doctoral Degrees programs for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Romanian Government Scholarships are offered annually to citizens from non-EU countries. However, to be eligible for this Scholarship, candidates must have good results in education, with an average of the study years.
Meanwhile, the Romanian Government Scholarships are granted for three levels of the study mentioned below:
- Licenta: This is the first cycle and the scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The full taught cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licence)
- Masters: The second cycle scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- Doctorate: The third cycle scheme is dedicated to the graduates of postgraduate studies (i.e. master); lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
Details About Romania Government Scholarships 2023/2024
- Target Individuals: International Students
- Type: Postgraduate
- Award Host: Romanian Government
- Country: Romania
- Gender: Men and Women
- Status: Open
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2023
Benefits of Romania Government Scholarships 2023/2024
- Full tuition fee waiver
- Free accommodation in student hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose
- Provision of monthly financial support
- Undergraduate students will receive the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month (1st cycle)
- For the 2nd cycle, the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization)
- The 3rd cycle will have 85 EURO per month for postgraduate students (doctor’s degree)
- Each of these scholarships, however, does not cover the cost of food, and international and local transport. This means that Candidates will personally support other additional expenses asides from the ones covered by the scholarship.
About Romanian Government
The Government of Romania also called “Guvernul României” in the Romanian language forms one-half of the executive branch of the government of Romania, with the other half being the office of the President of Romania.
The Romanian Government is headed by the Prime Minister of Romania and consists of the ministries, various subordinate institutions and agencies, and the 42 prefectures. The official seat of the Romanian Government is at Victoria Palace in Bucharest.
The government of Romania was established in 1862, with the public authority of executive power being the government that functions on the basis of the vote of confidence granted by Parliament.
How to Apply for the Romanian Government Scholarships Program 2023 for International students?
For the Scholarship information like the Eligibility Criteria, and necessary documents, candidates should apply directly to the:
- The diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or residence
- To apply for the scholarship, send your application through the Study in Romania platform.
- Qualified Candidates can access the platform at https://studyinromania.gov.ro via the Apply for MFA scholarships button, or directly at https://scholarships.studyinromania.gov.r
Eligibility Criteria for Romania Government Scholarships Qualification
- Nationals of non-EU countries are eligible to apply. Citizens from non-EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements will be given priority
- The Scholarship recipients are required to study in the Romanian language as decided by the Ministry of National Education. This is to promote the Romanian language and culture.
- Candidates who are not familiar with the Romanian language will get a supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
- Students who claim to know the Romanian language will have to pass a language test organized by competent higher education institutions.
Documents Required for Application
The required documents are listed below:
- Diplomas Certificate
- Birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
March 1, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT:
- Turkey Burslari Scholarship Applications 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW
- Harvard University Aspire Leaders Program 2023 Fully Funded – How to Apply
- Umeå University Scholarship 2023 to Study in Sweden (Fully/Partially Founded) – How to Apply!
- BETD Media Fellowship 2023 in Germany (betd23) Fully Funded – How to Apply!