In an effort to enhance Human Resource Development in the Niger Delta region, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has officially opened applications for its Post-Graduate (Master’s Degree) Scholarships for the year 2023/2024.
The NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarships program is a remarkable opportunity for aspiring scholars to further their education and equip themselves with the skills needed to participate effectively in the local content program of the Federal Government.
We shall be exploring the details of the NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarships in this post, including eligibility criteria, application procedures, and more. But, just before we do that, let’s discuss briefly the NDDC and its mission.
Brief History of the NDDC
In 2000, President Olusegun Obasanjo founded the Niger Delta Development Commission with the primary purpose of promoting Nigeria’s oil-rich Niger Delta area. Subsequently, President Umaru Yar’Adua announced the creation of a Niger Delta Ministry in September 2008, with the Niger Delta Development Commission joining the ministry as a parastatal.
One of the commission’s main responsibilities is to educate and train the young people of the oil-rich Niger Delta regions in order to reduce militancy and conflicts while building vital infrastructure to support diversification and production.
Their mission is to provide a long-term solution to the socioeconomic problems facing the Niger Delta region and to promote the region’s quick and sustained transformation into a prosperous, peaceful, and socially and environmentally sustainable area.
NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarships 2024 | Details
The NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarships aim to empower young Nigerians by enabling them to specialize in their respective fields of study, ultimately preparing them for global competition in various professional disciplines.
Do you hold relevant Bachelor’s degrees from recognized universities in the following fields? If yes, this scholarship is for you. The relevant fields include:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences
- Hospitality Management
- Environmental Science
Eligibility Criteria for NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarships
All prospective Candidates must meet the criteria below to be considered for the NDDC Scholarship 2023-24:
- Applicants must be natives of the Niger Delta region to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Candidates must have obtained a First Class Degree, Second Class Upper, or Second Class Lower Division in their undergraduate studies.
Candidates should note that the selection process for the NDDC Scholarship is rigorous and aims to identify the most deserving candidates. The selection stages include:
- Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit their applications online through the Commission’s website.
- Preliminary Shortlisting: This is done on the basis of these criteria: Candidate’s WASSCE/NECO results,
Undergraduate degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower) and a
Local Government Identification
- Computer-Based Test: All successfully shortlisted candidates will sit for a computer-based test. This is conducted by consultants in Rivers State.
- Minimum Test Score: Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% on the test to proceed to the next stage.
- Final Verification: The final verification is carried out via LGA and Community Development Committee (CDC).
How to Apply for NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarships 2023/2024?
Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria before proceeding to apply for the NDDC Post-Graduate (Master’s) Scholarship 2023/2024. Meanwhile, the steps to apply are:
- Complete an online application on the NDDC application page on https://scholarship.nddc.gov.ng/
- The following documents must be readily available for submission:
- Your Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post-graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
- Relevant degrees from recognized universities
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
- Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned. Make sure to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment for future reference.
Official website: https://www.nddc.gov.ng/
The application deadline for the NDDC Post-Graduate (Master’s) Scholarship 2023/2024 is set at five weeks from the official advert announcement.
More Related Content
- NDDC Foreign Post-graduate Scholarships 2022/2023 Programme – How to Apply
- Provost at Federal College of Wildlife Management Niger – APPLY NOW
- Delta Employee Benefits – Delta Airlines Employment Eligibility and Benefits
- Delta Airlines Employment Benefits – Delta Airlines Benefits for Employees
- DAAD Leadership for Africa (LfA) Programme 2023 – Apply Now