The University of Ottawa in Canada is thrilled to announce the application call for it’s Undergraduate African Scholarships Programme 2024. The diversity of its international student body is something the University of Ottawa is proud of. Hence, these Scholarship programs are available for students from African nations who are admitted in the Fall 2024 term (September start date) or later with an admission average of 80% or higher.
These students from Africa must, however, be studying in English in one of the designated undergraduate programs in the faculties of Engineering, Science, or Social Sciences.
Uni. Of Ottawa Undergraduate African Scholarships Details
The University of Ottawa offers Entrance and Excellent Scholarships to eligible African students of the university studying English. However, students can not combine the Entrance Scholarship with the Excellence Scholarship.
The University of Ottawa scholarship honors your academic success not only in high school but also in each term of full-time university studies. Additionally, you will have access to several research programs in about three faculties through this scholarship at a discounted tuition rate.
The top applicants with an admission average of 90% or greater who submit their applications by April 1, 2024, and whose admission has been processed by April 15, 2024, will compete for excellence scholarships. Candidates that rank the University of Ottawa as their top school will receive preference. The recipient’s program must begin in September.
Benefits of the University Of Ottawa Undergraduate Scholarship
- The University of Ottawa scholarship offers financial benefits to cover the cost of your tuition fee. The scholarship worth of $17,500 to $25,000 is awarded for excellence scholarships and up to $12,000 to $20,000 for admission scholarships.
- Once you’re enrolled in this University, this grant will be immediately awarded to you (all qualifying students). It will be directly deducted from your tuition costs.
- New students will receive a four-year grant through the Entry and Excellence scholarship to help with the expense of their university tuition.
- Please note that Canadian Dollars are used for all amounts. Up to 12 terms may pass between renewals of these scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria for the University Of Ottawa Undergraduate Scholarship
If you’re successfully admitted into this prestigious University, you are automatically considered for this award and informed of your status. Although there is no application process for this award, winners must provide documentation proving that they are citizens of an African nation or territory in order to receive their initial payments.
- A valid study permit is required for international students who are applying.
- Must be enrolled full-time, hold citizenship from an African nation, and
- Have an admission average that, when adjusted to our grading scale, is 89.99% or lower to be eligible for the entrance scholarship.
- When converted to the University’s grading scale, your admission average must be at least 90% to be eligible for the Excellence scholarship
- Applicants must be students who are newly admitted to one of the following undergraduate programs offered in English or French:
- Engineering: Civil Engineering; Chemical Engineering
- Social sciences: International Development and Globalization; Anthropology; Sociology; Conflict Studies; Public Administration
- Sciences: All science programs are offered except the Honors BSc in Honours BSc in Physics/BASc in Electrical Engineering; Biochemistry / BASc in Chemical Engineering; and Honours BSc in Ophthalmic Medical Technology
How to Apply
To apply for the University Of Ottawa Undergraduate African Scholarships 2024:
- Kindly visit the official website via this link: https://www.ouac.on.ca/ouac-105
- Submit your test results and supporting documentation for review after the university receives your application and generates a Student Number that you will use to log in to UOZone, the school’s online portal.
- You will be given a conditional admission offer, which may or may not include the scholarship, following a positive review.
April 1, 2024.