Are you technology-driven? If yes then this program is for you, applications are open for the Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program 2022, this program is targeted toward Young African women who are strongly encouraged to take up short-term positions in various locations.
Take your time to read through this article for more information on the Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program.
About Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program
Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship program was Launched In 2015 to introduce more people to work in the tech industry and offers an immersive 16-week apprenticeship for those who have a base foundation of technical training, the apprenticeship program combines in-classroom learning with hands-on engineering projects, working on real teams and real products within the organization such as Azure, Xbox, Bing, and Office365.
Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program is globally designed to accelerate job readiness for careers in technology. Young African women who are enthusiastic about tech and would like to have a career in the technology industry are usually given priority.
The mission of the Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Programme is to recruit, develop and upskill unconventional talent for employability in the technology industry worldwide. More opportunities are being created for female engineers to launch their careers through the LEAP Apprenticeship.
Summary of Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- The Application Deadline: Varying
- Program Type: Internship
- The Number of Awards: Not specified
- The Worth of Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program: Beneficiaries would secure a career in tech, and also have the opportunity to work with the biggest and best names in technology.
Criteria for Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program 2022
All interested Young African women should take note of the below-stated criteria for the Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship program
- An applicant must present a bachelor’s or HND degree as it is required in any discipline.
- Computer science/IT-related coursework is an advantage to securing these awards
- The program requires at least 6+ months of professional technical experience after degree completion e.g., internship.
- An applicant must have completed the compulsory National Youth Service Corps program.
- The requirements of English language proficiency both in written and spoken English is required.
- Candidate must have an excellent customer service skills to be eligible
- An applicant must demonstrate a passion for technology and learning to be eligible
- She must have good Knowledge of Microsoft Solutions such as Azure, Microsoft Dynamics, and M365 is an advantage.
How to Apply for the 2022 Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program
Before applying for this program, we advise you to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage link below
Visit the Award Webpage for more details at: https://careers.tek-experts.com/tek-experts/jobs/5740?lang=en-us&iis=Job+Board&iisn=LinkedIn
Microsoft Home page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/leap/
Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship Program FAQs
Below are some of the frequently asked questions about the Microsoft Leap Apprenticeship.
Is a Microsoft Leap participant considered a Microsoft employee?
Even though the cohort is sponsored by Microsoft, participants are usually not Microsoft employees. Participating in Microsoft Leap means that candidates must be signed up as vendors with the chosen contracting company.
Is there relocation assistance?
The contracting company may offer Relocation assistance, so Check with your contracting company for more details.
Is there a provision for health insurance?
Yes! Certain provisions are made for health insurance, these provisions are made through the contracting company.
Is this program a full-time, immersive experience?
The Microsoft Leap is a 16-week immersive experience where participants are discouraged from participating in additional professional commitments while in the cohort.
Can a person apply while still enrolled in school?
No! The Microsoft Leap is a full-time commitment thus, applicants who are currently enrolled in school will not be accepted.