Do you have a strong interest in immersing yourself in diverse cultures? Are you passionate about exploring and promoting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Are you eager to collaborate internationally to drive meaningful change? Are you motivated to make a positive impact on the world? Applications for the 2024 Global Citizenship Learning Program are now being accepted.
Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Program
This opportunity is available to university students who are dedicated to serving their communities. Through the Global Citizenship Learning Program, participants will have the chance to enhance their skills, expand their influence, and ultimately become role models for global citizenship through their actions.
As a participant in the Global Citizenship Learning Program, you can expect to:
- Gain firsthand experience of different cultures and develop skills in working across diverse boundaries through interactive workshops, training sessions, and mentorship projects.
- Collaborate and form relationships with other student change-makers from China, India, Chile, Ghana, Germany, and the United States.
- Deepen your understanding of global issues related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Co-create impactful projects with Fellows and partners in your community and around the world, fostering positive change at various levels.
- Acquire valuable skills in intercultural communication, teamwork, design thinking, project management, storytelling, podcasting, ethical leadership, and systems thinking.
- Participate in a fully sponsored in-person annual convention in China, India, Chile, Ghana, Germany, and/or the United States, if you actively engage in the program.
- Upon successful completion of the program, become part of our unique and supportive global community, which includes over 600 Senior Melton Fellows, providing lifelong connections and opportunities.
During the 1.5 years of the Global Citizenship Learning Program, you will experience the following as a participant:
- Engage in online learning activities through our comprehensive online modules, which will require approximately 5 hours per month.
- Collaborate with other participants in global project teams, dedicating an average of 5 hours per month, depending on the project.
- Get involved in community projects, contributing an average of 5 hours per month to local community engagement activities.
Please note that the modules and timeline provided may undergo minor modifications to incorporate in-person components of the program.
- The Global Citizenship Learning Program is available to university students who are currently enrolled at one of our partner universities and have a strong desire to make a positive impact on their local community.
- The program is open to applicants that fall within the age range of 18 to 25.
- It is important that applicants have proficient English language skills in order to effectively communicate and comprehend discussions pertaining to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Students from Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Program partner universities are encouraged to apply:
- Bangalore, India – B.M.S Group of Institutions
- Greater Accra, Ghana – Ashesi University
- New Orleans, United States – Dillard University
- Temuco, Chile – Universidad de La Frontera
- Hangzhou, China – Zhejiang University.
- Jena, Germany – Friedrich-Schiller-Universität
How to Apply For The Program
- The initial and crucial step is to complete and submit your application by the specified deadline using the provided online application form. All online applications must be received by November 15, 2023, at 12 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST). For applicants from UFRO Temuco, the deadline is December 1, 2023.
- The university partners will review the applications and invite the most qualified candidates to a local interview. Please be prepared for the majority, if not all, of the interview to be conducted in English.
For further information visit Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Program.
November 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Challenge 2023 – $1,000 Prize
- YAYI Scholarship 2023-2024 for Nigerian Students (Up to N50,000 to N100,000) – APPLY NOW
- Melton Foundation SDG Innovation Challenge 2022 – APPLY NOW!
- Dual Citizenship Benefits and Drawbacks
- Cleaning Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW!