MCW Global 2022 Fellowship Program For Young Leaders is now inviting applications from interested candidates. MCW Global is a not-for-profit organization with a vision for communities worldwide to achieve the highest levels of education, improved health, and increased economic security. Basically, the mission of MCW Global is to address communities’ pressing needs by empowering current leaders and preparing future leaders.
MCW Global 2022 Fellowship Program For Young Leaders
The organization was established in 1999 in New York with affiliate organizations in Africa; Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia. MCW Global Fellowship seeks to mobilize young people with the skills and resources needed to create and implement vision plans in the area of education, health, and economic security, hence the application for the 2022 batch of MCW Global Fellowship is ongoing.
About The MCW Global 2022 Fellowship Program
This fellowship program for Young Leaders starts with the Community Needs Assessment. In carrying out this assessment, a one-month community needs mapping is done to prepare young people, between the ages of 18-26, from around the world to have a better understanding of their local communities. Subsequently, Young Leaders are required to participate in a one-month intensive Virtual Program that helps them become leaders of positive change in their communities. When the Virtual Learning is completed, participants spend about ten months developing their action plans with full support from alumni mentors.
Furthermore, participants are encouraged to come to the Young Leaders MCW Global Fellowship with an idea of a community issue they want to address, this is simply the process of transforming passion into a concrete, tangible plan for change.
Additionally, Young Leaders are engaged in online sessions with speakers, discussions, e-modules, and assignments, in other for them to be able to put their local issues into a bigger picture of global context at the same time having an understanding of the reason they’re in a rare position to effect a change in their community. The exact tools and skills needed to enforce an action plan are also determined by participants.
Young Leaders are paired with alumni mentors, for the development and execution of their actionable plans, these mentors are meant to Provide guidance to participants during the Virtual Program toward creating an actionable plan. Prior to the beginning of the MCW Global Fellowship Program, Alumni mentors undergo customized training in order to support team building and cultural competency among the diverse group of Young Leaders.
Goals and Benefits of MCW Global Fellowship Program
- Interested applicants for this program should note that the Young Leaders Fellowship application does not require payment, it is accessible to all participants.
- All costs related to this program will be covered by MCW Global, such costs as program tools, e-modules, speakers, and additional program expenses during the community needs assessment period, including virtual learning and the entire program from Sept 2022 to the month of July 2023.
Requirements for MCW Global Fellowship Program For Young Leaders
It is mandatory for Young Leaders to:
- Show commitment to their community and
- Find out a project in their community in the area of education, health, or economic security
- The Young Leader just be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (July 1, 2022);
- The Young leader must be fluent in written and spoken English;
- He/She must Complete the Community Needs Assessment over the summer, also attend the one-month Virtual Learning program, and spend the following year aiming to execute their community project;
- Must have access to email and good internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program;
- Must Adhere to Young Leaders Access Program graduation guidelines which is provided upon acceptance to the program
Required Documents for Application
- Documents containing General Information
- Answers to the below Essay Questions
In Identifying an issue in your community that concerns you, how would you address this issue?
Secondly, describe one time you have faced a challenge and used leadership skills to come up with a solution.
- Resume which should not be more than 1 page and prepared if possible in Times New Roman, and on 12 font, with 1-inch margins.
- Two Letters of recommendation: This should come from people who know your work ethic and commitment to your community. Usually, your family and friends are discouraged from writing letters of recommendation. In recommending your work, Recommenders should state their name, position, contact info, and relationship to the applicant at the top of the letter.
Don’t forget to review the terms and conditions at the end of the application
How to Apply for MCW Global Fellowship For Young Leaders
In applying for this program, ensure you that check if you’re eligible for it, if you’re qualified, then Go to MCW Global on mcwylap.herokuapp.com to apply
To get more first-hand details, visit MCW Global website.