GIP is the short form for Global Internship Program, it is offered by the International Finance Cooperation (IFC), the IFC Global Internship Program is offered to highly motivated individuals who desire to be exposed to the affairs (mission and work) of International Finance Cooperation and World Bank Group at large, This Individuals also have the privilege of being inculcated to be a part of the largest private sector development institution globally.
International Finance Cooperation IFC
The IFC Global Internship Program is an amazing opportunity for Individuals seeking to pursue a career path in this industry. Upon selection, interns will be offered short-term temporary contracts with International Finance Cooperation (IFC) as early as May and end somewhere on October 31, 2022.
About International Finance Cooperation IFC
International Finance Cooperation (IFC), is a member of the World Bank Group, advances economic development and improves the lives of people by encouraging the growth of the private sector in developing countries. This they attain by creating new markets, mobilizing other investors, and sharing expertise. Therefore creating jobs and raising the standard of living especially for the poor and vulnerable.
The activities and operations of IFC support the World Bank Group’s goals of ending extreme poverty and boosting shared prosperity. IFC was established in 1956 with a mandate that the private sector has the potential to transform developing countries, thus since its inception, the company has expanded to over 100 countries, and pioneered new markets such as sustainable bonds.
Basically, IFC Global Internship Program encourages individuals to bring new innovative ideas to IFC’s work at the same time improving skills in a diverse and highly stimulating environment. Applying for this internship is a great way to build your CV and build an international network of professionals dedicated to ending extreme poverty and boosting prosperity in the developing world.
Every year, IFC Global Internship Program receives over 1000 applications from which candidates are short-listed for departmental interviews, subsequently, Candidates who are applications were approved for the Global Internship Program are directly hired and paid by interested departments worldwide, however, this payment is based on their business needs and the candidate’s profile.
Goals and Benefits of IFC
This internship offers Individuals who are highly motivated an amazing opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of International Finance Cooperation and World Bank Group at large, they will also have the privilege to be part of the largest private sector development institution in the world.
Requirements for IFC Global Internship Program
Interested persons for GIP should ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria below for the World Bank IFC Global Internship Program
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a master’ degree level program, having at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Also, Candidates must have their expected graduation date after December 1st, 2022 in order to be eligible.
- The duration for Global Internship is a minimum of 4 weeks between May and September, where interns are required to work on discrete projects in Washington, D.C. as well as one of IFC’s country / regional offices.
- The Operational assignments span various areas of work, which include: participation in sector-specific market mapping, investment proposal reviews, financial modeling and analysis, portfolio management, upstream work, and advisory services activities.
- Global Interns who are selected will also be granted access to corporate orientation, skills training, and regular learning events/activities for the Global Internship Program.
- During the conclusion stage of the internship, successful Global Internship Program interns are advised to apply to the WBG Young Professionals Program especially if they meet such application requirements, infact, they’re encouraged to apply for any other full-time opportunity available after graduation.
Scheduled Interview date, Venue for IFC Global Internship Program
Please note that successful candidates will be contacted directly by departments for interviews between Monday, March 21st to Friday, April 29th.
Required Documents for Application
- Cover Letter
How to Apply For World Bank Global Internship Program 2022
To get more details, you can visit the World Bank website.
Please note that the Application and Selection Process period for the year 2022 is now closed and shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly by departments for interviews between Monday, March 21st to Friday, April 29th.