Women from developing countries are invited to apply for the 2024 edition of the Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG). This MMEG is designed to help women pursue their education thereby improving the lives of these women and children in this region. These grants however will be used in USA and Canadian Institutions. Apply for this grant if you’re a woman from the eligible regions.
Take your time to explore this post as we have detailed information about the Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) 2024, including the eligibility criteria, and the application process.
Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) 2024
To enhance the lives of women and children in developing countries, the Margaret McNamara Educational Funds (MMEG) provides funds to women from those nations to enable them to further their education and develop their leadership skills.
We award up to a $15,000 scholarship fund to women from developing countries who wish to return to their native countries upon receiving their degrees to improve the lives of women and/or children.
Brief History About the Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG)
The nonprofit public charity, Margaret McNamara Education Grants, formerly known as MMMF, established in 1981, provides grants to outstanding women from developing nations who are enrolled in universities in the United States, Canada, France, South Africa, and a few universities in Latin America and the Caribbean, and who are at least 25 years old.
Margaret McNamara’s ideas on gender equality and education serve as an inspiration for this organization. Margaret, the fifth president of the World Bank and wife of Robert McNamara, promoted the inclusion of gender and educational concerns in the Bank’s development initiatives.
In honor of her significant accomplishments, she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor. The MMEG’s mission is to improve the lives of women and children by supporting the higher education of exceptional women from developing countries who will catalyze change
Eligibility requirements for MMEG Postgraduate Scholarship
To be eligible for the Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) 2024, applicants must meet the requirements below:
- Applicants should be a minimum of 25 years old by the application deadline
Candidates must be nationals of a country on the MMEG Country Eligibility List.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited academic institution when submitting an application
- Planning to enroll for a full academic term after receiving the grant from the Board
- To be eligible for this grant, prospective Candidates must be related to a World Bank Group, IMF, or Inter-American Development Bank staff member
Additionally, applicants must:
- Have enrolled as a full-time student, with a relevant student visa in my national passport;
- Have plans to continue studying full-time for at least one academic semester (half year) upon receiving the MMEG grant in April
- Be graduating no later than two and a half years following the award of the MMEG grant;
- Possesses US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) or Canadian citizenship or Canadian landed immigrant status.
How to Apply for Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) 2024?
- All Interested and qualified candidates can apply via the application page of the Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) at: https://mmeg.embark.com/login/apply?target=2024
- Deadline between September 15 and January 15. After which all successful candidates will be personally notified of their grant in April.
- You can view the frequently asked questions (FAQs) at http://www.mmeg.org/frequently-asked-questions/. Before applying select “US-Canada program” in the first question of the application.
January 15, 2024.
However, you can go For more details by visiting MMEG official website at: https://www.mmeg.org/apply/
CHECK THESE OUT: