Are you a student currently enrolled in the 2nd and 3rd year of your LLB programs at the Universities of Fort Hare and the Western Cape? You can now apply for the Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB scholarship 2024.
Eligible Candidates are expected to be students entering the third and fourth years of their programs in 2024. Canon Collins Trust is offering financial support for a maximum of two years.
The 2024 edition of this scholarship will award up to R40,000 for each academic year. The specified amount is directly deposited into the student’s account to cover tuition fees. The remaining funds can be utilized for living expenses, textbooks, or other school-related costs.
Details About Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB Scholarship 2024
Human rights and the law have been among Canon Collins’s top priorities when giving out scholarships. Through investing in future members of South Africa’s legal profession, the organization seeks to support a new generation of leaders to develop a just and equitable legal system.
This Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB scholarship receives generous support from Lei & Co, a London law firm that specializes in personal injury and human rights law. Let’s discuss briefly the history of the Canon Collins Educational Trust.
About Canon Collins Educational Trust
Ethel de Keyser and Canon John Collins, who were primarily in charge of starting the British Defense and Aid Fund, formed the Educational Trust for Southern Africa in 1981. The Trust was later renamed the Canon Collins Educational Trust for Africa following the passing of John Collins.
The underfunding of postgraduate education has become a crisis and a significant barrier to change. Hence, this organization have provided support to more than 4,000 individuals whose education addresses some of the most pressing issues in contemporary southern African society.
Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB scholarship – Summary
- Degree Type: Postgraduate
- Name of Scholarship: Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB scholarship
- Organization: Canon Collins Educational Trust
- Country: South Africa
- Host Institution: University of Fort Hare, University of the Western Cape
- Amount: R40,000 per academic year
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: October 9, 2023
Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB scholarship – Benefits and Rewards
- The Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB scholarship offers up to R40,000 per academic year to recipients. This fund will be granted or awarded for up to two years maximum.
- Scholarship awarded for both full and part-time study.
- Distance learning will be approved.
- Current scholars will have the opportunity to attend an annual conference in addition to participating in several smaller events throughout the year.
- Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB scholarship holders must participate in activities.
- They should also join and contribute to the organization’s network.
Eligibility Criteria for Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB scholarship
To apply third-year Collins Leigh Day LLB scholarship you must meet the requirements below:
- You are a current second or third-year LLB student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
- You are from, or have refugee status with the following countries; Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimba.
- You have an excellent academic record and extra-curricular involvement.
- Encouraging all 2nd or 3rd-year undergraduate Law students at the University of Fort or the University of the Western Cape to apply.
How to Apply for Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB Scholarship 2024?
Do you meet the aforementioned eligibility criteria? If yes, Visit Canon Collins Educational Trust at https://www.gapgrants.com/bslgap/DseatFFX.jsp;jsessionid=DB439DEAB1ACE7CACC68F7B11ED597CE?BSLSessionStr=6055660 to apply
Dont apply late.
Feedback notifications will be via email hence, applicants must ensure to provide an accurate email address.
For more details about Canon Collins Leigh Day LLB scholarship 2024, kindly visit Canon Collins’s official website at: https://canoncollins.org/scholarships/leigh-day-llb-scholarship-at-university-of-fort-hare/
October 9, 2023.
CHECK THESE OUT: