Applications for the Bill Lane Center for the American West Media Fellowship 2024, are now open. For more than ten years, the Bill Lane Center for the American West has been a steadfast supporter of journalism in this region and its surroundings.
The centre’s Western Journalism and Media Fellowships offer a unique opportunity for journalists across various media platforms, including newspapers, magazines, radio, television, online, multimedia, video, film, data visualization, and books, to explore the rich tapestry of the American West.
One of the distinctive features of this fellowship is the chance it provides for journalists to
- interact closely with Stanford researchers, scholars, and students.
- This interaction serves as a wellspring of knowledge, enabling journalists to dive deep into their subjects and
- Craft stories of exceptional quality.
Bill Lane Center for the American West Media Fellowship Details
Should you secure Participation in this fellowship, you can embark on projects of your design. This creative freedom empowers you to explore topics you are passionate about, ensuring that the resulting coverage is both engaging and enlightening.
A primary goal of the Media Fellowship is to encourage new perspectives on the American West. Fellows are encouraged to create content that intersects with ongoing research at Stanford and the Bill Lane Center. This might involve addressing pressing challenges facing the American West or uncovering exciting possibilities for journalism and media in the region.
The centre awards a single media fellowship with a generous stipend of $5,000 for three months of work.
Half of this grant is awarded upon selection of the fellow, providing immediate support, while the other half is given upon the publication of the story.
This financial backing ensures that journalists can dedicate their time and effort to illuminating crucial issues about the region without financial worry.
Eligibility Criteria for Acceptance
- To be eligible for this prestigious fellowship, the proposed work must examine a vital aspect of the West. This could encompass its land, its people, its history, and the profound influence of the forces driving its economies.
- Applicants need to have a strong connection to the office. The Bill Lane Center takes no responsibility for securing publication but values the partnership with dedicated news outlets.
- Publication of the work should occur within six months of receiving the award, or no later than May 15, 2024. This ensures that the important stories reach the public promptly.
- The nature of the work is flexible and can take various forms, including print or online articles, photography or photo essays, informational graphics, podcasts, video journalism, documentary films, or fact-based graphic novels or documentaries.
Applying for the Bill Lane Center for the American West Media Fellowship 2024
The application period for the 2024 Media fellowship commences on September 12, 2023, and runs through October 9, 2023. The selections will be made by mid-November 2023, and it is expected that journalists will publish their work in the spring of 2024.
While not mandatory, having a plan to collaborate with Stanford-based experts can enhance your application’s chances of success.
To apply, prepare a comprehensive package that includes a description of your proposed project, a brief resume, and the name of the news organization or outlet through which you intend to distribute your work.
Email this package to the address on the official page
Official website: https://west.stanford.edu/fellowships/media-fellowships
What is the Bill Lane Center for the American West?
The Bill Lane Center is a renowned institution that supports journalism focused on the American West and its environment.
What does the Media Fellowship offer?
The Media Fellowship provides journalists with a $5,000 stipend, access to Stanford resources, and creative freedom to work on projects related to the American West.
What kind of projects are encouraged by the Media Fellowship?
The fellowship encourages projects that align with ongoing Stanford research, address significant challenges in the American West, or explore new possibilities in journalism and media within the region.
When is the application period for the 2024 fellowship?
The application period starts on September 12, 2023, and runs until October 9, 2023.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- North Lane Login – How to Login to Your North Lane Account
- Google Project Management Certificate – Google Project Management Certificate Duration and Opportunities
- Streaming Giants Netflix Officially Cancels Firefly Lane
- Lane Bryant Credit Card Login, Sign Up Online
- North Lane Card – Northlane Wirecard Card Activation & Login at login.northlane.com
- University Canada West Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!