Are you a female undergraduate studying courses relevant to the construction and infrastructure industry? If so, the Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme 2023 is for you! Applications are ongoing for the 2023 Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme!
Julius Berger is awarding scholarships to qualified female engineering students in public universities across the nation as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and in fulfillment of its commitment to promote capacity building within the sectors of Education and Human Capital Development of Nigeria.
Before we delve more into the details if this scholarship, let’s discuss a little about Julius Berger
About Julius Berger
Nigerian construction company Julius Berger has permanent offices in Lagos and Uyo in addition to its Abuja headquarters. The company is active in structural engineering and infrastructure projects throughout Nigeria, as well as domestic and international oil and gas industry projects in southern Nigeria.
The majority of Nigeria’s infrastructure, significant expressways, and even several residential buildings for the Chevron Nigeria headquarters in Lagos were all built by this company. Since 1991, the company has been represented on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Eligible Programs for the Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
The Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme is a merit-based scholarship available to Nigerian public university undergraduate full-time female students. These students must, however, be enrolled in the following programs:
- Building and Construction
- Building engineering
- Building Technology
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Construction engineering
- Construction project management
- Electrical engineering
- land surveying
- Mechanical engineering
- Metallurgical and material
- Production engineering
- Project Management
- Quantity Surveying and Structural Engineering.
Eligibility Criteria for Julius Berger Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the Julius Berger Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship, please take note of the requirements below. Applicant must:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Be a female
- Attend a Nigerian university that is owned by the government or the state.
- Be a student in the technology, engineering, or environmental faculties.
- a second-year student enrolled full-time at a federal or state university in Nigeria that has received NUC accreditation.
- have a 3.5 or higher CGPA in a 5-grade system.
- All applications must be submitted by the specified deadline of October 9, 2023, or earlier.
- Note that only the candidates who have been shortlisted will be informed of the examination date.
Documents Required for Application
- Applicant’s recent JPEG Passport photo of 200 kilobytes
- Candidate’s UTME score, O’ Level result(s), and ‘A’ Level/OND/NCE result(s)
- Academic performance in the 100-level
How to Apply for Julius Berger Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship
To apply for the Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme 2023, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Julius Berger at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/jbn2023
- Click the “Apply Now” tab towards the right side of the page.
- Click “Register Now” to create an account.
- Open your email and click the link sent to you to activate your account
- Then click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/jbn2023 to return to the Scholarship site
- Enter the login details (registered email and password) to upload your information
- You will need to provide your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, and other information and upload the required scanned documents.
- Ensure that your details and documents are accurate
- Then Click “Apply Now” to submit
- You will get a notification that confirms your application was successful.
October 9, 2023.