Are you an African student or recent graduate with a passion to solve pressing issues and also make your entrepreneurial ideas a reality? If so, The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship gives you an opportunity to access training, resources, financial support, and a network of mentors to develop your entrepreneurial skills and start building your own venture.
The Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship is an 8-month program designed to develop the exceptional entrepreneurial skillset and mindset of leaders to drive social and financial impact. So, here is to inform you that Applications for the 2024 cohort are now open. Kindly take your time to read through this post on how to apply.
Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship
The 2024 edition of the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship is designed to nurture the entrepreneurial spirit among African youths. This eight-month program aims to hone the skillset of future leaders, equipping them with the capabilities to drive social and financial change.
The Fellowship goes beyond academic exercise, as it provides participants with confidence, valuable resources, knowledge, networking opportunities, and, crucially, financial support to turn their startup dreams into reality. Let’s outline some of the benefits of participating in this Fellowship.
Benefits of Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship
The fellowship will provide participants with the best that the Innovation Center has to offer. These include:
Best in Class Training
- Participants will undergo a rigorous business boot camp led by the esteemed faculty of Queen’s University and industry veterans with decades of entrepreneurial experience.
- The program adopts the Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, which offers a systematic approach to scaling startups, inspired by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Expert guidance includes pitching practice and comprehensive live workshops focusing on marketing, goal setting, and talent acquisition.
- Successful completion of the course earns participants micro-credentials in Entrepreneurship awarded by Queen’s University.
Mentorship and Networking Opportunities
- Fellows will have the opportunity to engage with mentors and speakers at the forefront of North American innovation and entrepreneurship.
- They can tap into the extensive Global Network of Queen’s entrepreneurial alumni.
- Join a thriving community of ambitious African students and graduates.
- Enjoy the privilege of being paired with industry experts and seasoned entrepreneurs during the program’s concluding phase, receiving invaluable feedback during critical startup phases.
Financial Backing & Opportunities
- A select group of 60 outstanding fellows will receive a stipend of $500 CAD during the final phase.
- They will have the chance to pitch for prizes totaling $15,000 CAD in the concluding pitch competition.
- Opportunities to visit the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Centre, strengthening connections that can potentially transform your business aspirations.
Commitment to Inclusivity
- The fellowship is dedicated to inclusivity, continually innovating to ensure the program is accessible to the widest possible audience.
Eligibility Criteria for Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship
This Fellowship is open to African students or recent graduates driven by the ambition to address critical issues and to bring into reality, their innovative entrepreneurial ideas.
Participants will have to go through the three online courses of the program;
- Fundamentals of entrepreneurship
- Virtual coaching sessions
- Facilitation in business idea development
This is a progressive structure, with participants needing to demonstrate their dedication and commitment to progress from one course to the next.
Students and recent graduates from any African academic institution across all disciplines are eligible to apply.
Whether you’re nurturing an existing business or on the cusp of launching a new venture, this fellowship can provide invaluable support.
Participants are expected to commit at least 10 hours per week, as the content is delivered virtually.
Regular online assignment submissions with stringent deadlines apply to ensure a robust learning experience. Moreover, while the program’s primary language is English, provisions have been made to accommodate non-English speaking participants, ensuring that no one is left behind.
How to Apply for Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship 2024?
- Check that you meet the above eligibility criteria before proceeding to apply for the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship
- To apply, please visit Queen’s Innovations center via this link https://queensu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a5zMHFuF9HdvQ9w
- Please note that applications are due by December 4, 2023 at midnight your local time.
- You can visit the Queen’s University’s official page below for more details https://www.queensu.ca/innovationcentre/programs/jim-leech-mastercard-foundation-fellowship-entrepreneurship
December 4, 2023.