Applications are now open for the IWMF Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship 2024, prospective Candidates are invited to apply for the Fellowship by April 23, 11:59 pm EST.
The International Women’s Foundation Fund (IWMF), in partnership with the Neuffer’s family and friends, offers this fellowship to women Journalists around the globe.
IWMF Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship 2024
The Fellowship provides both academic and professional learning platforms In order to advance the reporting skills of women journalists whose focus is on human rights and social justice.
The prestigious Fellowship Program was created in memory and honor of Elizabeth Neuffer; an IWMF Courage in Journalism Award winner of 1998, who was also a Boston Globe correspondent. Elizabeth Neuffer died in Iraq on the 3rd of May, 2003, while reporting.
The fellowship, therefore, was designed to honor Neuffer’s legacy at same time, promoting her work in the fields of human rights and social justice.
Details About IWMF Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship Program 2024 for Journalists
- Category: Fellowship
- Host Organization: International Women’s Media Foundation Fund (IWMF)
- Fellowship Location: Boston and New York
- Eligible Country: International
- Gender: Women only
- Application Deadline: April 23, 2023
Key Dates for the Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship Program
- April 23, 2023: Applications due
- June 2023: Selection of Elizabeth Neuffer Fellows
- January 2024: Commencement of Fellowship in Boston with an internship at the Boston Globe and research/coursework at MIT’s Center for International Studies
- May 2024: Internship in New York (The New York Times)
- June 2024: Conclusion of Fellowship
Benefits and Rewards of the Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship Program 2024
- The Fellowship will provide monthly stipends to fellows for the following expenses; housing, meals, and ground transportation during the fellowship.
- Fellows will have their Round-trip economy airfare purchased from their place of residence to Washington and from Washington to the fellowship city.
- Provision of health insurance during the program.
- Fellows residing outside of the United States will receive cost coverage for applying for and obtaining a U.S. visa.
- The fellow will take full responsibility for any additional incidental expenses and other costs.
About International Women’s Media Foundation Fund (IWMF)
The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) provides support to women reporters from around the globe, including photographers and media makers with global reporting.
The Foundation is committed to unleashing the power of female journalists in order to transform the global news media.
Successful fellows of the IWMF program, subsequently become experts in reporting in underserved regions, good at generating must-read stories, know how to align with top outlets and bring critical issues affecting women and others to light.
How to Apply for IWMF Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship 2024 for Journalists Globally?
Qualified Candidates can apply by visiting the IWMF website at: https://www.iwmf.org/programs/neuffer/
Eligibility Criteria for IWMF Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship Qualification
- Only women can apply for the Neuffer Fellowship, including nonbinary and gender non-conforming journalists whose work focuses on human rights and social justice issues.
- Applicants are expected to be working journalists with at least three years of full-time, professional journalism experience.
- Please note that the Fellowship does not recognize Internship and journalism-related work experience as a university student.
- Affiliated or freelance journalists can apply for this Fellowship
- The Fellowship is open to Applicants from any country around the world. However, the use of English fluently is mandatory (both speaking, reading, and writing)
April 23, 2023.