The International Republic Institute (IRI) is currently inviting applications for the third group of participants in the McCain Fellowship For Freedom (MFF). This fellowship aims to unite young leaders from various countries who are committed to advancing democracy and economic freedom.
Through engaging with policymakers, entrepreneurs, influential thinkers, and catalysts for change, these leaders will have the opportunity to exchange ideas and acquire fresh perspectives on effectively promoting democracy and governance centered around citizens’ needs.
Details About IRI McCain Fellowship for Freedom
The MFF aims to foster peer-to-peer learning, offer focused training, and nurture a new generation of individuals who are committed to constructing more inclusive, transparent, and resilient democracies that thrive through free markets.
This fellowship is a testament to Senator John McCain, who served as IRI Chairman for 25 years and was a fervent supporter of democracy worldwide. As a former Chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee, Senator McCain firmly believed that “free markets are not possible without free people.
Fellowship Scope Of Work
The McCain Fellows will be actively involved in a comprehensive program lasting several months, which includes the following components:
- Attendance of virtual sessions designed to offer targeted assistance in developing skills related to policymaking, communication, and advocacy.
- Participation in an in-person program held in Washington, D.C., where fellows will have the opportunity to meet and learn from leaders in various sectors such as government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector. The timing of this program will be determined based on the availability of the selected cohort.
- Utilization of the acquired network and lessons from the program to implement advocacy initiatives as a young, political changemaker within the fellow’s own community.
- Engagement with other fellows, including those from previous iterations of the MFF program, through virtual networking sessions and platforms.
IRI will choose a maximum of eight young leaders who come from different regions, sectors, and gender identities. The selection process will consider the following criteria while choosing the candidates:
- Age between 21 and 40 years old.
- Not a U.S. citizen.
- Proficient in English.
- Possess extensive experience in politics, government, and/or the private sector, with a preference for individuals who have experience across multiple sectors.
- Demonstrate a track record of advocating for democratic and free market reform, as well as a deep passion for it.
- Hold a position of authority and leadership within their current career and community.
All applicants must submit a letter of nomination for their participation in the McCain Fellowship for Freedom. The person providing the nomination should be someone who knows the applicant well in a professional capacity and can vouch for their qualifications for the fellowship.
The nomination letter should focus on the following specific points:
- How the applicant has actively promoted democratic resilience and advocated for free market principles within their community.
- How the applicant has demonstrated their leadership skills and potential to bring about political change within their community.
- How the applicant’s unique qualities make them an excellent candidate for the McCain Fellowship, and how participating in the fellowship will benefit their growth and development as a political changemaker.
The nomination letter should be limited to one page in length and written in English.
How To Apply For IRI McCain Fellowship for Freedom (MFF) 2024
Here are some guidelines for the application of the IRI McCain Fellowship for Freedom (MFF) 2024:
- Complete the official application form provided by the IRI McCain Fellowship for Freedom. Provide accurate and up-to-date information about yourself, including personal details, contact information, and professional background.
- Review your application thoroughly before submitting it to ensure all required documents and information are included and accurately represented.
- Respect the deadline provided by the IRI McCain Fellowship for Freedom. Ensure that your application is submitted If you have any questions or need clarifications regarding the application process, do not hesitate to visit IRI McCain Fellowship for Freedom Official website.
November 20, 2023.
More Related Content
- IRI McCain Fellowship for Freedom 2023 Program for Young Political Leaders Worldwide – How to Apply Now
- Global Leaders Program 2022 For Emerging Leaders, McCain Institute – Fully Funded
- McCain Institute Next Generation Leaders Program
- How to Reach Financial Freedom and Financially Free(Opens in a new browser tab)