Applications are currently being accepted for AfricaRe Young Insurance Professionals Programme (YIPP) 2024. This program is a free online training opportunity developed by the London School of Insurance in collaboration with Africa Re. Its purpose is to support the growth of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa.
The goal of the program is to provide talented professionals with accelerated career development opportunities and contribute to the advancement of the African insurance sector.
Successful candidates will have the chance to participate in a yearly training program that includes a valuable on-the-job experience component through a “stretch/learning assignment”. This program serves as an excellent starting point for an exciting career in the insurance industry.
AfricaRe Young Insurance Professionals Programme – Details
The YIPP trainee will have the opportunity to build their career by gaining knowledge and skills through a combination of on-the-job experience and a dedicated online training program covering insurance, reinsurance, leadership, and management modules.
At the completion of the program, it is expected that participants will have a better understanding of the reinsurance industry and their future roles in terms of strong leadership, governance, and accountability. They will also be able to contribute to improving professionalism and reducing poor practices in the African reinsurance markets by adopting a constructive approach to competition.
Every year, successful candidates for the Young Insurance Professionals Programme will undergo a one-year training program that includes a “stretch/learning assignment” to gain valuable on-the-job experience. The program aims to have a positive impact on participants in several ways:
- Enhancing their understanding of the reinsurance industry and their future responsibilities related to leadership, governance, and accountability.
- Developing a positive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets by addressing poor practices and approaches.
- Improving their career and professional development.
- Providing assessment and feedback through evaluation exercises and tests, which help to reinforce understanding of the concepts, procedures, and principles.
The programme offers several benefits, including:
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals who successfully complete the YIPP programme to attend one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa, such as AIO, FANAF, OESAI, GAIF, FAIR, and more.
- Participants will receive an e-certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance.
- The programme provides opportunities for accelerated career development within the industry.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Meet the age requirement (not be more than 35 years)
- Is from an Africa Re member state.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Have relevant work experience in the insurance or reinsurance industry, insurance broking firm, or a related field.
- Have access to the internet.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French.
Qualified, young African Insurance Professionals working in insurance or reinsurance companies, brokerage firms, supervisory authorities, or related organizations are encouraged to apply.
- Interested candidates are required to submit an online application within the period from October 01, 2023, to January 14, 2024.
- Upload their Cv, cover letter, and reference forms.
To facilitate the enrollment process, please prepare the following documents for uploading before starting the application:
- Fill out the Online application form
- Upload Supporting documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Reference Form
- Passport Photo
Visit the official website. for more details
January 14, 2024.