Good news! Applications are ongoing for the ILO Global Media Competition 2022. Through this competition, Journalists are invited to submit articles showing exemplary media coverage of labor migration and fair recruitment.
The aim of this event is to recognize fair and balanced reports that contribute to the elimination of xenophobia and discrimination against migrant workers.
ILO Global Media Competition 2022
Additionally, the recognition and promotion of ethical and quality reporting is paramount, as media can promote a toxic public narrative reinforcing prejudice, intolerance and stigmatization against migrant workers and their families.
Details of ILO Global Media Competition on Labor Migration
- Organization: International Labor Organization
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2022
Brief History of International Labor Organization (ILO)
The International Labor Organization (ILO) was established in the year 1919 as the only tripartite U.N. agency.
Since inception, ILO brings together governments, employers and workers of 187 member States , to set labor standards, develop policies and devise program promoting decent work for all women and men.
ILO seeks to promote rights at work, as well as encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
The ILO Global Media Competition supports the production of quality reporting and raising awareness about labor migration, which is a topic that features strongly in the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Benefits of International Labor Organization (ILO) Global Media Competition on Labor Migration
- The Global Media competition recognizes exemplary media coverage of labour migration by encouraging professional and student journalists to submit a piece of their work.
All the Submitted entries are expected to;
- Show the benefits of well-governed and safe labour migration, including fair recruitment and/or raises awareness of the risks and dangers of irregular, unsafe and/or badly governed labour migration, including recruitment.
- Displays creativity and accuracy.
- Makes Use of non-discriminatory and non-stigmatizing terminology. For quality reporting, the use of the right words is key to avoid stigmatization and positively influence the debate on migration.
Worth of Award
- At the end of the competition, 3 professional prizes and one student prize will be awarded.
- The winners can choose between a cash prize of US$1,200 in the professional category and US$500 in the student category
- Winners can also choose a paid fellowship to participate in an online ITC-Turin fair recruitment, or labor migration course in 2023.
How to Apply for ILO Global Media Competition on Labor 2022
- Visit International Labor Organization on www.ilo.org to apply
- You will need to fill the online entry form and submit your piece in the following formats: written press, photo essay, multimedia, podcast, video, or radio.
- Note that submission in any language is welcome. But, an English, French or Spanish translation must be included.
- Students can submit a published or unpublished media piece.
- For more details, visit ILO website: https://www.ilo.org/global/topics/labour-migration/news-statements/WCMS_855760/lang–en/index.htm
Criteria for ILO Global Media Competition on Labor Migration Qualification
- The competition on Labor Migration is open to professional and student journalists around the world;
- Applicants are allowed two submissions per person maximum.
October 31, 2022
- 6 Amazing Reasons why you must Invest in Yourself
- Join Guaranty Trust Fashion Weekend to Promote Your Enterprise
- Easy Guides on How to Invest in Oil – Are Oil Stocks a Good…
- Trizetto Login at www.trizettoprovider.com
- Africa Matters Ambassadors Program for Young African Leaders
- ASIP Accelerator Program 2022 – Apply Now!