If you are looking for how to use Google Pay, this article has got you covered. Google Pay is one of the best means of digital payment. It has so many amazing features and it’s important you learn how to use it effectively.
Before you can use it, you need to set it up. In this article, you will get a step-by-step guide on how to set up and use this payment service. So, read on!
How to Use Google Pay
Google Pay is a digital wallet that is linked to your Google account. This digital wallet can be used to request and send money to friends and family. You can also use it to pay for things online and in-store.
It is a faster and more secure way of you making payments rather than using a debit or credit card. Before you start using this service, its important you set it up. So, the next section of this article will guide you on how to set it up.
How to Set Up Google Pay
Before you set up Google Pay, ensure your phone is NFC enabled and you have a card that supports contactless payments. Below is a detailed guide on how to set up Google Pay on your device:
- Download the Google Pay app from the Google Play store on your device.
- Launch the app on your device and click on “Get Started”.
- The next step is to tap on the Connect to Gmail icon at the top of the page.
- Allow Google Pay to access your device location from the menu that will pop up on your screen.
- Click on the “Payment tab” at the top of the page.
- Scroll down and click on “Add Payment Method”.
- If you want to add a new card to your account, tap on “Add a New Card”.
- Grant the app permission to take pictures if you are asked to do so.
- After capturing the card with your camera, provide the card’s “Expiration Date” and your “CVV number”.
- Complete the action by clicking on the “Save button”.
- Go through the card Terms and conditions on the
page and click on “Accept and Continue”.
Having done this, follow the rest prompts on your screen to complete the set-up process.
How to Use Google Pay
After setting up the app, you can use it to make payments in stores. To do this, you need to locate the Wireless payment logo at the checkout area. Once you locate it, follow the steps below to make payments:
- Turn on the screen of your phone.
- Unlock your phone if it has not been opened. You don’t need to open the Google Wallet app.
- Hold the back of your phone over the payment reader.
- The app will launch on your device. Provide your card PIN if you are asked to do so.
When the check mark appears on your screen, it is evidence that the transactions have been completed. If you don’t see the check mark, you can hold your phone in a different position close to the payment terminal. You can also confirm from the cashier if the store accepts mobile payments. Also, you can change your default payment method when you want to pay with another card.
How to Use Google Pay Online
Using Google Pay to make purchases online is quite easy. This is a fast online payment method provided you have added a debit or credit card. If a website accepts this service as a payment method, follow the steps below to use it to make payments:
- When you want to check out, tap on the Google Pay button.
- Choose your payment method when you are asked.
- Provide your shipping address.
Follow the rest instructions on your screen to confirm your order. If you want to get a refund, contact your merchant directly.
How to Use Google Pay at ATMs
Do you know you can use Google Pay to withdraw money from ATMs? Amazing right? You can use this service to withdraw money from any ATM that has the contactless symbol. To withdraw money, follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Pay Wallet on your device.
- Select the card you wish to use. If you have set up a default card already, you don’t need to do this.
- Place your phone close to the contactless symbol.
- Provide your card “PIN” when you are prompted to do so.
Having done this, the ATM will complete your transaction and dispense the money.
How to Use Google Pay to Send Money
You can also use Google Pay to send money to family and friends. To do this, you need an internet connection, a US phone number, and an email address. The fastest way to send money through this service is through your balance or debit card. Follow the steps below to use this service to send money to loved ones.
- Launch the wallet app on your device.
- Navigate to the Pay ta and click on it.
- Choose the recipient from the suggested list of friends provided.
- You can also search for your friend by “Name”, “Email” or “Phone number”. Also, you can search for them by scanning their QR code.
- Tap on the contact you want to send the money to.
- Choose “Pay”.
- Type in the amount you want to send and add a note if you wish.
- Next, choose a Payment method.
- Lastly, choose “Pay”.
This is how to send money through this payment service. There are many reasons why you can’t find someone when you search for them on Google Pay. It could be that they have not downloaded the app or don’t have a Phone number in United States, Singapore or India. You can also tell them to set up “Help People Find You” in their settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need to Open Google Pay to Use it?
No, you don’t have to open Google Pay to use it. When you set up the contactless payment, you just need to unlock your phone and place it close to the payment terminal. With this, you can complete your payment.
Is Google Pay Safe?
Using Google Pay is very safe. Google uses multiple layers of security to protect your payment information. When you use this service to make payments, your card number information is not shared.
Is Google Pay Free to Use?
Yes, it’s totally free to use this payment service. You will not be asked to pay any fee for continuous use either. Although, you may be required to pay fees by other institutions when you make overdraft or international transactions.
Can Minors Use Google Pay?
To use Google Pay, you need to be at least 16 years. If you are under the age of 18 years, you need your parents to grant you permission to use the service. You also need a Google account and debit or credit card to link the wallet app.
- 10 Scholarships in Singapore For Ethiopian Students 2022-2023
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship 2023 For International Students (Fully Funded HKPFS Scholarship)
- AfOx Visiting Fellows 2022 – Africa Oxford Initiative Fully-Funded
- Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program (RYSA) 2022 for Youths In Delta –…
- World Veterinary Association (WVA) Scholarship Program 2022 – APPLY NOW!