Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program (RYSA) 2022 for Youths In Delta – How to Apply? The Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme is created as a platform for the rural youth population to Participate in the skill acquisition programme.
This programme’s objectives are to create income earning opportunities, stem youth restiveness, discourage rural-urban drift and grow the local economy.
Eligible Youths for the Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme (RYSA) are semi-literate and non-literate youths, who have acquired skill training, and need start-up and fundamental business skills.
Meanwhile, the Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme (RYSA) has two training components namely:
- The first component is Practical or Hands-on training: The practical training has to do with training the beneficiaries of the RHSA programme to acquire further practical skills required for them to succeed in their chosen enterprises. The training will be conducted by Master Trainers designated across different communities in Delta State.
- The second component is the Community Business School (CBS) training: The Community Business School is a mandatory programme for all Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme (RYSA) beneficiaries. These beneficiaries are required to undertake the practical training programme once a week for eight weeks. The CBS programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success in life and business.
Details of Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program 2022
- Type: Entrepreneurs
- Organization: Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Board
- Country to study- Nigeria
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 6, 2022
About Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Board
Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Board were created in August 2013 by the Department of Higher Education (former Ministry of Education).
It has a mandate to lead support towards the pursuits of academic excellence and to make bursaries and scholarships easy and readily accessible to all our students across the globe. This is achieved using modern technologies in the delivery of its services.
The board has a policy thrust that has been to find better ways and means of improving and fast-tracking the activities of the Board to deliver on its mandate and one of such ways is to better the process of delivering student’s special assistance schemes.
Benefits of Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program
- The pack provided for Start-up has tools for work contained in it as well as seed grants. Part of the Work tools is physical equipment required for each skill-set given to successful trainees at the end of the training exercise.
- The seed grants mentioned above will be given to the beneficiaries at the end of their training as support for start-ups.
How to Apply for the Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme 2022
Ensure that you meet the criteria below before applying:
- To apply for the Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme, please visit the Delta State website at: https://youthdev.deltastate.gov.ng/services/rysa/
Eligibility Criteria for Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Program 2022 Qualification
To be eligible for RYSA, candidates must meet the following criteria;
- Candidates must meet the age requirement which is between 18 – 29 years old.
- All ideal Candidates must be from Delta State and resident in the Local Government Area
- Candidates must possess a minimum educational qualification of First School Leaving Certificate.
- Interested Candidates in RYSA must have acquired basic training in the shortlisted skill area.
- He/She Must have personal enthusiasm, conviction, and willingness to learn and acquire refresher skill-sets in his/her choice programme as a basis to establish and manage an enterprise.
Selection Criteria for the Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme
- Please note that the Application forms for RYSA are available at the Ministry’s field offices across the 25 Local Government Areas of Delta State.
- Candidates for RYSA must pick up the application forms IN PERSON, and complete and submit them within the stipulated timeline.
- Successfully Shortlisted candidates must undergo oral interviews and proficiency tests based on the skill area of choice.
- Applicants must fill out and submit the required guarantor form.
- Successful candidates must abide by the rules and regulations set by the Ministry of Youth Development.
- Candidates must submit a passed proficiency test in his/her chosen skill area to be eligible for the programme.
- Recipients must complete the Refresher/CBS training before the Start-up Packs presentation.
- All the candidates must pass the training completion proficiency test and Community Business School (CBS) training test before being awarded with Certificate and given support.
- Also, Beneficiaries must be available for the mentoring process of the Directorate for Youth Monitoring & Mentoring (DYMM).
Documents Required for Application
- Two recent Passport Photographs.
- A Photocopy of Permanent Voters Card.
- A Photocopy of Local Government of Origin Certificate.
- One Photocopy of Birth Certificate.
- One Photocopy of Educational Qualification.
September 6, 2022