How to remove something posted on your Facebook timeline – Removing posts that you and your friends posted on your timeline is both possible and easy and in this post, you are going to learn of the various steps needed on achieving the objective.
All you have to do like always is to continue reading the content of this post and to also adhere to the guidelines posted.
How to Remove Something Posted On Your Facebook Timeline
Facebook is a fun place and most times many users get carried away. We get to post some things on the platform that does not reflect who we are. Sometimes it may be a mistake from our end, but there are times the mistake may be from our friends.
Facebook is well aware of this and has put in some contingencies in terms of plans in place in the event that any of the latter happens. And now users can always remove things that are posted on their timeline. But before I go into the steps and directives, what do you need to remove things posted on your timeline?
What You Need To Remove Things Posted On Your Timeline
When it comes to removing things posted on your timeline, you really do not need much. As long as you are a registered account holder on Facebook, you can always remove anything that you deem unfit to be in your timeline from your timeline. If you do not have an account you cannot make use of the feature nor any of the services rendered by Facebook in general.
Steps to Remove Posts, Photos, or Videos Posted On Your Timeline on Facebook
In taking down posts, photos, and videos from your Facebook timeline there is no form of expertise needed. The steps are easy and straightforward. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and first make sure you are logged in to your account.
- Next, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of Facebook and find the post that you want to take down.
- Click on the three-dotted icon in the top right and select the delete post or hide from the profile button from the drop-down menu.
- The hide from profile option will remove the posts from your timeline and not on Facebook.
- The delete post option on the other hand will remove the said post from Facebook entirely. You should also know that you can only delete posts that you have posted.
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on the three-dotted icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap on your name and scroll down to the post that you would like to remove.
- Next, tap on the three-dotted icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Choose the hide from profile option. The hide from profile option removes the post from your timeline and not from Facebook in general.
- First, open the Facebook app for iPhone and log into your account.
- Tap the hamburger menu icon in the bottom right corner of Facebook and scroll down to the post that you would like to remove.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon in the top right-hand corner and choose the hide form profile option. Note that this option will only hide or remove the post from your timeline and not from Facebook in general.
That’s it. If you however do not want something or a post that is tagged in to appear on your timeline, you will simply need to remove the tag. And when you remove a tag on Facebook, the said post will no longer appear on your timeline.
But the same post will still be visible to the audience that it is shared within other places on the Facebook platform such as search and feed.