Have you ever wondered how the Facebook social media platform determines which videos are suggested for you? If you haven’t thought about this before, then this post is a must-read for you.
How Facebook Determine Which Videos Are Suggested For You
Facebook’s video feature is one of the most used features on the platform in recent years. And while many people just go to the videos section of the accounts, they have never for once thought about the possibility that they can actually control how they see videos on the platform.
Well, it is all true that the social media platform suggests videos for users, but the thing is that you can control how the platform suggests videos for you. Videos in the top videos for you section on Facebook of the watch tab are shown to you depending on a number of factors and these includes;
- The popularity of the video on Facebook.
- The pages and the people that you follow or like on Facebook.
These are some of the factors used by Facebook in suggesting videos to you on the platform. but as a user on the platform, you can always control or change how this works. To get to know how this works, this is your chance. Read carefully the content of this post and do well to follow the steps and procedures shared.
Is It Possible To Customize the Video Content That Shows In the Watch Section of Facebook
Many times, the videos that appear on the watch section of Facebook are determined by the popularity of the video. And in truth, not everyone will watch a video or like to see it even because it is popular.
There are things in place that make us unique. And these factors make us sometimes like what other people do not like and this same thing goes with Facebook in regards to videos to suggest to users.
The social media platform however is aware of this and has therefore put a feature, more like a setting in place that will enable users to change or customize the videos that are shown to them to their preferences. And to answer the question above, YES, it is possible to customize the video content that shows in the watch section of Facebook.
Steps To Customize the Video Content That Appears In Watch
To customize the video content that appears in the watch section of your Facebook account, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and from your newsfeed click on the watch tab or icon in the left menu.
- Next, click on the three-dotted icon in the top right of any video and then select see less. This will make you see fewer videos like this or click on follow to see more posts from the page.
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top right.
- Next, tap on videos on watch.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon in the top right of any video on the platform and select the see less option to see fewer videos like this. Or click on follow (page name) to see more posts from the very page.
- Open the Facebook app for iOS and tap on the hamburger icon in the bottom right corner.
- Next, tap on the videos on watch tab.
- In the top right of any video, tap the three-dotted icon and select the see less option to see fewer posts just like this. Or tap on the follow tab to see more posts from the page.