How to remove a mobile phone number from your Facebook account – Just as it is with taking off a mobile phone number from Facebook, it is also very much possible to remove a mobile phone number from the social media platform.
And in this post, I am going to show you how you can do this. All you have to do to therefore get this piece of information is to continue reading the content of this post
How to Remove a Mobile Phone Number from Your Facebook Account
Adding a mobile phone number to your account on Facebook is very important and the same thing goes with removing a mobile phone number from the platform too. In general, both actions serve a purpose.
When you add a mobile phone number to your account on the social media platform, it gives you an edge in the event that you want to recover the account should in case you forgot your password or something.
Removing a mobile phone number from your account on Facebook is also very crucial and important. If you entered a number on the platform and maybe after some time you no longer have access to that number anymore, it is important to remove it as the said number is no longer needed. Many people and account holders on Facebook already know about this but do not know how to go about it, hence this post.
In a bit, I will be educating users on how they can successfully remove a mobile phone number from their accounts on Facebook whenever they want to.
Steps to Removing a Mobile Phone Number from Your Account on Facebook
To remove a mobile phone number from Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right corner.
- Select settings and privacy and then click on settings.
- Select mobile in the left-hand column.
- Next, select remove just below the number that you would like to remove.
- Lastly, click on remove number to confirm the command.
- Open the Facebook app for iOS and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the bottom right corner of Facebook.
- Next, you will have to scroll down the Facebook extended menu page and tap on settings and privacy.
- Select settings and tap on personal information in the account settings section.
- Tap on contact info and tap on the phone number that you would like to remove.
- You can also tap on the drop-down arrow menu to change the setting so who can see your phone number.
- You will then need to enter your password to your account and tap on the remove number button to confirm.
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top right corner.
- From the extended menu page, scroll down and tap on the settings and privacy option and then select settings.
- Tap on personal information in the account settings section and then select contact info.
- Select the phone number that you would like to remove and tap on remove. You can also tap on the drop-down arrow menu icon to change the settings on who can see your phone number.
- Enter the password to your Facebook account.
- Lastly, tap on remove number to confirm.
That’s it. Personally, I will advise you to always add your email address to your Facebook account against occurrences such as losing access to your account on the platform.