In this content, I would be giving you all the details that you require on how to set up and make use of Hot Corners on a Mac. This feature would allow you to perform actions quickly by moving your cursor to the corner of your screen.
Also Read: The Nvidia RTX 4090 GPU Already Could Be In Production
What are Hot Corners?
Hot corners on the MacOS would allow you to invoke actions by moving your cursor to a corner of the screen. Let’s say you choose to move your cursor to the top-right corner, you can start your Mac’s Screensaver, or if you choose to move it to the bottom-left corner, you can make your display sleep.
Plus, you get to add a modifier key like the command, option, control, or shift. So, you can choose to set up a hot corner to require a key press when you move your cursor to that corner. This would prevent you from accidentally invoking an action if you move your cursor to a corner by mistake or for another reason.
Also Read: The TCL Tab 10 Is a Cheaper Way to A 5G Netflix Fix
Making Use of Hot Corners on Mac
Once the hot corners have been set up, it is best that you test them to make sure the actions you select work fine for you.
Move your cursor using your trackpad or your mouse to one of the corners of the screen you set up. This should invoke the action that you have selected.
If you decide to add a modifier key in your setup, hold that key or the key combination while you move your cursor to the corner.
Also Read: Cheap Best Electric Cars – What Is the Cheapest All-Electric Car?
How to Make Use of Hot Corners on a Mac
You can make use of one of all the hot corners per your reference and choose which action to take from a list of options.
- Launch your system preferences by heading to the Apple icon found in the menu bar or using the icon found in the Dock.
- Select mission control
- Select hot corners located at the bottom
- You would most like to see dashes for each of the hot corner except for the ones located at the bottom right corner. The corner should open a quick note by default since the release of the macOS Monterey. But you can choose to change it if you want.
- Make use of the drop-down menu for each corner that you want to activate and select the action. You would be given about 1o different options: opening mission control or the notification center, starting or disabling the screen, saver or locking your screen.
- If you would like to include a modifier key, hold the key as you decide to make your selection. You can choose to make use of your command, option, control, shift, or a combination of these keys. There you would see the keys displayed right next to the action for that hot corner.
- Keep or select the dash for any corner that you would not like to activate.
Once you are done, click on Ok. You can choose to close the system preferences and then try your hot corners.
Also Read: Best Cocktail Glasses – What Are Nick And Nora Cocktail Glasses?
How to Remove Actions from Hot Corners
If you later choose that the actions for the hot corners are not working well for you, you can choose to remove them.
- First, return to system preferences and mission control
- Select Hot corners
- Then, make use of the drop-down list for each of the hot corners to select the dash
- Once you are done, click on “OK”. Once you do that, you would then return to the ordinary screen corners without any of the actions.
Why are my Hot Corners not working on my Mac?
If you hover your cursor over a corner to trigger your Hot corner action and nothing pops up or happens, it might be a glitch with a recent macOS update. In other to fix the issue, try turning off the Hot corners, restarting your mac, and turning on Hot corners again. you can also try restarting the Dock and making use of the Mac’s Safe Boot Option
Can Hot Corners be a User in Windows?
The answer is “NO” windows do not carry the hot corners feature, although windows keyboard shortcuts allow you to quickly trigger actions.
How to Make use of Hot Corners in iOS?
On your iPhone or your iPad, head over to settings > Accessibility > Touch > Assistive Touch. Scroll down and then tap on the dwell control slider to turn it on. Then, tap on the Hot corners and then tap each corner option to set your preferred hot corner action.
Also Read: Electric South XR Social Impact Grant 2022 for African Creators – Apply Now!