The Electric South has opened the invitation for it’s upcoming and accomplished African XR creators to apply for a new XR Social Impact Grant 2022.
The award of This grant aims to provide access to skills, and tools for African creators to network and create a prototype or proof of concept with the use of 3D technology.
Electric South XR Social Impact Grant 2022 for African Creators
Apply for the XR Social Impact Grants if you’re an immersive media artist or creative technologist based in Africa, or if you have a concept or project that uses real-time 3D or Extended Reality (XR) technology in a not just creative but impactful way.
The main purpose of the XR Social Impact Grant is to provide African creators with access to skills, expertise, tools, and networks to create a prototype or proof of concept with the use of 3D technology.
Details of the XR Social Impact Grant 2022
- Type: Entrepreneurs
- Organization: XR Impact
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2022
How to Apply for the XR Social Impact Grant 2022
All Interested and qualified candidates can apply for XR Social Impact Grant 2022 by;
- Visiting the XR Impact on wdocs.google.com
- For questions and other details, Please reach out to email@example.com
Benefits of XR Social Impact Grant
The benefits of the XR Social Impact Grant include:
- About Seven extended reality projects (augmented or virtual reality) will be selected to receive $5,000 USD each in grant funds to develop their proof of concepts, or to complete projects already in progress.
- The Artists will retain full ownership of all work that is produced.
- Additionally, creators will made to participate in a few group sessions with experts, and will receive one-on-one technical support from specialists and advisors.
- Note that all sessions will take place online in October and November, 2022.
Requirements for the 2022 XR Social Impact Grant Qualification
All the Applicants for the XR Social Impact Grant must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of an African country and based in Africa for the majority of the time (a minimum of 6 months/year).
- Participants from across the African continent are welcome, and applicants are encouraged from identities that have been historically under supported or underrepresented within the fields of art and technology to apply.
- Also, those who are disabled, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and others are encouraged to apply
- In other to be eligible, the Applicants must be either well versed in a game engine whether Unity or Unreal, or be technically proficient in similar real-time content creation, 3D modelling or animation software
- The Projects must Utilize RT3D/XR technology in a meaningful and impactful way;
- Must take the form of narrative or non-fiction, but all projects must be impact driven with measurable impact goals, calls to action and/or encompass themes of freedom of expression, social, healthcare, education, humanitarian, or environmental issues.
XR Social Impact Grant Interview Dates and Venue
- Applicants should note that the last day to submit their application is Wednesday, August 31, 2022 by 23h59 SAST.
- Successfully selected applicants will be notified by Friday, September 16, 2022.
- The online programme has been scheduled to run from October 1 – November 25, 2022.
- While the Final prototypes or projects will be due by November 25, 2022.
- Mcdonalds Employee Benefits Login – www.mccourtesy.com/employee-login
- What Is Net Interest Rate Spread – Are Trading Spreads Profitable
- Walmart Back to School Supplies Under $1
- African Academy of Sciences (AAS) 2022 Call for APTI Fellowship Program for PhD Students
- Best Instant Cameras – How Long Do Instant Cameras Last?
- Splatoon 3 – Splatoon 3 Support AMD Upscaling Tech