In this article, I would be detailing How to connect a MacBook to a TV. Some of the methods you can follow include making use of a cable to connect them or connecting wirelessly with AirPlay and a smart Tv.
Can I Plug a MacBook into My TV?
If you are in possession of a much older model TV or MacBook that does not come with AirPlay capabilities, you can make use of a cable to connect to your MacBook. The type of cable required depends on the model of the MacBook that you are in possession of and the connection that is on the computer.
Also, you may have to choose between using a cable that connects directly from your MacBook directly to your TV; for example, you might choose to use a thunderbolt to HDMI cable. Or you can even choose to use an adapter that plugs right into your MacBook and provides adaptive ports. Let’s say, a thunderbolt adapter that connects to your MacBook and would accept HDMI or DVI cables.
Once you are connected, you might need to head to settings > display to adjust your display settings and resolution for you to get the best quality picture. The good thing about making a wired connection to your TV here is that once you have set it up, you can choose to close your MacBook and continue to use it with a wireless keyboard and mouse and the TV as your computer monitor.
How to Connect a MacBook to a TV
It is great for you to be able to use your Tv as a display for your Mac when gaming, or if you have work that requires a much larger screen. If you have a smart TV, the best and easiest way for you to make this connection is via AirPlay.
- On your MacBook, head over to settings > displays
- Then select the dropdown for the option for Airplay display
- Select the smart Tv or device that you would like to use as a display for your MacBook
- Once you have made the connection, you may have small windows appear on your smart TV. If you want to use your TV as a second display for your MacBook, select Gather windows on your MacBook screen to pull all your windows together and then extend your screen. You can then use your TV as a second monitor.
- If you would like to mirror your MacBook screen directly to your smart TV, then choose “Arrangement” found on your “display settings” and then select “Mirror display.”
When you are done and you want to disconnect the monitor, you can use the instruction above, and in step 3, select off.
- Alternatively, you can click on the control center found on your menu bar,
- then select screen mirroring
- and select the TV that you would like to Mirror your screen to.
- Once you have completed the connection, you can choose the option to mirror or even extend your display.
- When you are done, open screen mirroring once again and then click on the name of the Tv that you have connected to bring an end to the connection.
How to Connect my MacBook to my Windows PC?
In other, for you to connect your MacBook to my windows PC? First, install iTunes to connect Airplay devices to windows through Wi-Fi. Use a program like TuneBlade or AirFoil for streaming video. For screen mirroring, make use of AirMyPC, AirParrot, X-Mirage, or AirServer.
How do I Turn off Apple AirPlay?
Right on your Mac, select Mirroring > Turn Mirroring off. On iOS devices head to the control center and then tap the screen Mirroring > Stop Mirroring. To disable the Airplay feature on your Mac, head to settings > Displays, select the Airplay drop-down and then click on off.
How can I enable Airplay on my iPhone?
For music, head to the control center and then long-press music, then tap the Airplay icon and select a device. For screen mirroring, head over to the control center and then tap on screen mirroring or Airplay mirroring.