If you want to learn how to make yummy Brussel Sprouts, you are in the right place. Brussel sprouts if not properly cooked can taste bitter. But if well cooked, it is crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and tastes fantastic. This article is going to give you a detailed guide on how to make this great meal better than you’ve always done.
How to Make Brussel Sprouts
Apart from the yummy taste of this meal, you also get nutrients that are beneficial to your health from it. You may be surprised to discover that this meal originated in the 16th century in the capital of Belgium. This meal comes with a lot of nutrition being a vegetable. It’s amazing to know that this meal contains nutrients that can reduce the risk of you developing cancer.
It also stops the further development of tumors as it may hinder the growth of new blood vessels in them. Although this meal comes with unique health benefits, you must contact your doctor if it is okay to add it to your diet. This is important especially if you are under medications.
Recipe for Brussel Sprouts
There’s no doubt that the foundation of a tasty meal lies in the recipe used. The list below contains a healthy recipe for Brussel sprouts.
- ½ Pint of Fresh Brussel sprouts.
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- ½ teaspoon of Salt (Kosher salt preferably).
- Vinegar and lastly,
- Your desired quantity of Pepper.
This is an easy recipe for Brussel sprouts and this would do for two people. With this Brussel sprouts recipe, you are good to go. If you wish to prepare this meal for more people, you can do your calculations to get the right quantity. The next section of this article would be teaching you how to make this yummy meal.
How to Make Brussel Sprouts in the Oven
This method is the best way to cook this meal. This is because it lets the sprouts cook at a moderate heat and you don’t have to bother about it harming your health. The steps below would guide you on how to make this meal:
- Wash the Brussel Sprouts to remove any dirt.
- Use a sharp knife to split the sprouts into equal halves from top to bottom.
- Remove any damaged leaf in this process.
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet or pan and allow it to heat while maintaining a medium heat level.
- Carefully place the cut sprouts in the pan with the cut side facing downwards.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir.
- Pre-heat the oven to a temperature of 380 degrees.
- Continue cooking the sprouts in the Pan until the outer parts become golden brown.
- When the sprouts become golden brown, transfer them to the preheated oven.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add more if necessary.
- Allow them to roast and shake the pan frequently to prevent them from getting burnt.
- After about 10 minutes, remove them and stir in the vinegar gently.
With this, your meal is ready and it tastes better when served hot. You should know that boiling your sprouts makes them bitter. So, avoid that method of cooking it.
What to eat with Brussel Sprouts?
Are you looking for a side dish that would go well with this meal? If you answered yes to this question, you should check out the list below:
- Garlic and Mashed Potatoes.
- Parmesan Cheese Brussel sprouts.
- Brussel sprouts with chicken breasts.
- Sauté Brussel sprouts with salad.
- Carrots and Baby Spinach.
- Shredded Cheddar.
- Almonds and Avocado salads.
- Chicken steaks.
- Green Bean Salad.
These are some great ideas for side dishes that you can enjoy this meal with. Brussel sprouts are vegetables in the family of cabbages. As little as these vegetable looks, they are packed full of nutrients such as Calcium, Potassium, Folate, Vitamins, and K. with the knowledge from this article, you should be able to make this yummy and healthy meal.