A lot of iPhone users are in possession of at least some different apps that they either wish to get rid of but just cannot, or simply don’t want to clutter up the home screen and folders. Depending on the issue, deleting them might not work, so what you need is How to Hide Apps on iPhone Without Uninstalling Them.
For example, tons of apps that are built into iOS simply cannot be taken out. Or in other cases, like with the “Camera” app, there’s really no need for an intrusive app icon when the function is built right into the iPhone’s control center.
How to Hide Apps on iPhone Without Uninstalling Them
This actually might feel a bit redundant to have to shuffle around icons for functions that are more-or-less baked right into the iPhone’s interface already. Also, it might just be irritating to have to locate a place for certain apps that you do not ever make use of but otherwise cannot actually get rid of. But it does not have to be like that.
Well, fortunately for situations like these, you can choose to hide the apps instead. It doesn’t take them straight from your phone, and thus we would not be freeing up any storage space, but this can turn out to be an effective way to get their icons out of sight without having to make the apps themselves inaccessible.
One interesting way for you to hide apps straight from your iPhone is for you to single them out through your settings. Any apps that have been hidden in this manner still get to be found via the App library or search function, however. The app also gets to appear in the settings, regardless of whether or not it’s been hidden.
Also, it is worth you noting that you cannot hide any app entirely, say for privacy reasons, as it still remains findable in the App Library. The only way to stop the app from appearing in the App library is for you to delete it right from your iPhone.
- Open your Settings and tap on Siri & Search
- After that, scroll down to the list of apps and find the app or apps that you want to hide
- Tap on the name Stated on the list, then toggle “show on Home screen” to the off position
- If you want to “unhide” an app that you have hidden, just follow the steps stated above once more but toggle “Show on Home Screen to the on-point instead.
From the Home Screen
If you feel doing it from the setting is too much work, you can also choose to hide apps one at a time directly from your iPhone Home screen.
- First, you have to locate the app that you want to hide on your iPhone’s Home Screen
- Tap and hold the app for a while until your phone vibrates and the app starts wiggling. Each of the icons would have a symbol appear close to the top-left corner.
- Tap the “-“ symbol on the icon that you wish to hide to pull up a new menu. Depending on the app, you’ll get to see options to Delete App, Remove from Home Screen, and cancel.
- Tap on the Remove from Home screen to hide the app icon
- You can choose to hide an app icon by tapping and holding the icon itself to pull up an entirely different menu.
- Tap on the remove app located at the bottom of this menu
- Confirm the hiding of the app by tapping “Remove from the Home Screen”
If you want to make an app that you have hidden appear once again, spire to the right side of the Home screen to pull up your iPhone’s App library. Locate the hidden app right on your app library, or make use of the search bar.
Tap and hold the icon for a while to make the new menu pull up, then tap “Add to Home Screen.” The app icon will appear once more either on your Home screen or if it was previously organized into a folder, it would appear in the folder you place it on before hiding it.