How to delete a search from your Facebook activity log – Did you ever notice that this could be done on the Facebook social media platform?
The Facebook social media platform works like a search engine platform at times in the sense that it can be used in making searches. And all of your searches on the platform are saved on a search history page where you can easily have access to them whenever you feel like it.
How to Delete a Search from Your Facebook Activity Log
You may be wondering what your activity log on Facebook includes. Well, here it is. Your activity log on Facebook normally includes a list of all the things that you have searched for on the Facebook social media platform. It is also important for you to know that only can see your activity log on the social media platform.
What You Need To Have Access to Your Facebook Activity Log
Just as the name implies, ‘Facebook activity log’, this means that only you can have access to it. And in order to have access to it, you will need to have a registered account on the platform. and of course, make searches on the platform. Once these two things are in place, then you can access your activity log on the platform whenever you feel like it.
The feature just like some features on the platform is not region-specific. As long as you have an account registered on the platform you can have access to your activity log on it. That’s it.
For readers who do not have a registered account on the platform as of yet, you will however need to set one up now. Creating an account on Facebook is easy and free.
To get started with the whole account creation process, go to www.facebook.com. You can also create an account via the Facebook mobile app. All you need to do to get started on the process is to download and install the app on your device.
Steps to Deleting a Search from Your Facebook Activity Log
To delete a search on your Facebook activity log, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right corner.
- Next, select Settings and privacy and then click on activity log.
- Click on logged actions and other activity just below the activity log.
- Click on search history and select the three-dotted icon next to the search that you want to delete and then click on delete.
To delete all searches
- Click on the drop-down arrow icon and select Settings and privacy from the drop-down menu options
- Select settings and privacy and then click on activity log
- Click on logged actions and other activity just below the activity log and click on search history
- Click on clear searches in the top right-hand corner.
- Open the Facebook app and tap the hamburger icon in the top right corner and then select your name
- Next, tap on the three-dotted icon just below your profile picture and then tap on activity log
- Scroll down to the logged actions and other activity section and tap on view logged actions
- Next, tap on filters at the top and then select categories
- Tap on search history and select the three-dotted icon that is next to the very search that you want to delete and tap on delete
To delete all searches
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on the menu icon in the top right corner
- Tap on your name and then select the three-dotted icon just below your profile picture
- Tap on activity log and scroll down to the logged actions and other activity section
- Tap on view logged actions and tap on filters at the top
- Select categories and tap on the search history tab
- Lastly, tap on clear searches at the top.