How to create tickets on Facebook for your page’s event – this is easy, but only if you know how to! With the Facebook page, there is a feature that lets you create tickets for an event. Cool, right? I bet Facebook has got features for your business that no other social media platform has and this is one of them.
How to Create Tickets on Facebook for Your Page’s Event
An event is not complete without ticket sales, that is, if the event is not a free one. Selling tickets on your Facebook page for an upcoming event I one of the many strategies the Facebook social media platform has put in place for businesses on the platform to generate cash and funds.
And in this post, I will be telling you everything you need to know in regards to creating tickets for your event on Facebook.
On Facebook when you create an event for your page, you will also have the option to create [paid or free tickets. This means that an event created on Facebook can either be free or paid for. tickets on Facebook page events are created via Eventbrite. Eventbrite processes the purchases and manages the payments for your tickets.
Now you may be wondering how this works, well, here it is. When you create tickets on Facebook, at the same time an identical event will also be created on Eventbrite. Sales of tickets, cancelations, and refunds must all be managed on Eventbrite. Also, you may receive emails and notifications from Eventbrite in regards to your event.
Steps to Creating Tickets for Your Facebook Page Event
To create tickets for your page event on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and go to your page.
- Next, click on the events tab at the top of your page and then select the +create Event tab.
- On the next page, fill in the required info.
- Click on the + sign next to create tickets.
- You will now have to fill in a name for your ticket such as VIP or general admission, something like that, the number of tickets that are available, and also the price of each of the tickets. You will have to leave the price for your ticket at USD 0.
- Click on next. You will also be able to add additional ticket types via your account on Eventbrite.
- Click on use existing account if you already have an account on Eventbrite. But if on the other hand, you don’t have a registered account with them, click on create account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account or Eventbrite or login to your existing account. Eventbrite will ask for permission in regards to allowing events by Facebook to access your account on Facebook. Click on the allow button to continue with the creation of tickets for your event.
- Next, confirm the name for your ticket, the price, and quantity, and then click on save.
- Continue with adding details to your event and then click on publish or save draft.
That’s it! The creator of the event on the Facebook page can also add or remove ticket tiers after an event is published. The creator of an event is the only person allowed to edit the event.
How to Track Ticket Sales
You can also track the sales of our event tickets and to do this, go to the event you created and click on ticket orders which you will find at the top of the page. And from here, you can view;
- The number of tickets sold.
- The net and gross sales.
- The info of individual orders such as the name of the buyer, order date, number of orders, and also the number of tickets purchased via Facebook as well also the number of tickets sold on Eventbrite.
That’s it! to also track sales that are made on Eventbrite, go to the events page on Eventbrite.