Do you know how to change your Facebook page’s name? Changing your page’s name on Facebook is easy but unfortunately, not every page owner on the platform or page admins knows about this.
In this post, however, everything you need to know in regards to changing the name of your page on the Facebook social media platform will be shared.
How to Change Your Facebook Page’s Name
Facebook can be used for so many things whether you are in it for pleasure or business. And one of the important business tools on the platform is the pages feature. With the pages feature on Facebook, business personnel can be able to keep up with the ever-growing demand and keep up with their clients. They can also get new customers online via the pages feature.
What You Need In Order to Change a Page Name on Facebook
Changing the name of a page on Facebook is as easy as creating or setting it up. But before you can successfully change the name of a page on Facebook, there are some things that you need to know. There are some things that will need to be in place first and in a bit, I will be making mention of them. Firstly, you will need to have a page on the platform.
Secondly, you will need to be an admin of a page in order to request a change of name. You can however not change the name of a page on the Facebook social media platform through an API.
Steps to Changing a Page Name on Facebook Successfully
To change the name of a Facebook page, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and click on the pages icon and option in the left menu from your news feed
- Next, go to your very own page and click on the settings icon in the bottom left
- Click on the page info tab in the left-hand column
- Click on the name of your page
- Type or enter a new name for your page and click outside page name box
- Lastly, review your request and click on request change
New Pages Experience
Using the new pages experience on Facebook and you have access to a Facebook page, you can easily switch into your page and request for a change to your page’s name on the Facebook social media platform. If you however have task access to a page, then you cannot request a change to the name of your page.
To change the name of your page in the new page’s experience, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and switch to the page that you want to request a name change for
- Next, click on the photo of your page in the top right
- Select the settings and privacy tab and then click on the settings
- Click on the name tab just below the general page settings section
- Enter a new name for your page and then click on review change
- Next, enter your password and then click on request change
That’s it! If you cannot see the option to edit the name of your page, it means that;
- You do not have a role on the page that allows you to change the name of the page
- You or other admins on the page recently has changed the name of the page
- There are or may be limits on your page
- You cannot change the name of a regional page if it is added as part of a global page