Your Facebook profile is a reflection of who you are in real life. So when setting up your Facebook account, one need’s to be extra careful. You should make sure that every piece of information you are providing is correct. From your name to your profile picture everything should be as you go in your everyday life. Some people, however, do provide fake information when setting up their accounts such as fake names, fake profile pictures, and a host of other pieces of relevant information. If you are one of these persons, then you need to make corrections to these pieces of information. While it may all sound fun to you, it might be detrimental in the long. I will be educating you on how to successfully change your Facebook name if you wish to change the name, therefore continue reading.
Change Your Facebook Name
I have on one or two occasions searched for specific persons on Facebook without any success. This is not because these persons do not have a Facebook account. It simply because they are going about with the wrong names. When setting up your Facebook account, you will be advised to provide a name you go by in your everyday life. And when changing your name on this platform, there are things you should also need to know. Not all types of names are allowed on Facebook. Facebook has naming standards. And if you wish to change your name on the platform, you will need to know these naming standards so as to get your name accepted.
Facebook Name Standards
Not all names are allowed on Facebook and you ought to know this already. If however on the other hand you do not know the types of names allowed on Facebook, here are the naming standards on the platform. First, you will need to always provide the name you go by in your everyday life on your Facebook profile. This is advisable so that you will always know the persons you are always in connection with. Below are the names you can’t include on your Facebook profile;
- Offensive words or names of any kind.
- Characters from multiple languages.
- Numbers, repeating characters, punctuation, unusual capitalization, or symbols are not allowed on Facebook.
- Words or phrases in place of a name are not allowed.
- Titles of any kind are also not allowed.
Note: you can add nicknames if they are a variation of your authentic name. You can also use your maiden or middle name on Facebook. However, pretending to be another person isn’t allowed on the platform.
How To Change Your Facebook Name Successfully
Changing your name on Facebook is simple and easy. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click the drop-down arrow icon in the top right corner of your Facebook account page.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings and privacy and then click settings.
- Next, select name and enter your new name and click review change.
- Lastly, enter your password and click save changes.
- Open the Facebook app and tap the hamburger icon.
- Scroll down the menu page and select the settings and privacy option.
- Select settings and tap personal information.
- Tap name and enter your new name and tap review change.
- Lastly, enter your password and tap save changes.
- Open the Facebook app and tap the hamburger icon in the bottom right corner.
- Scroll down and tap Settings and privacy.
- Select stings and tap on personal information.
- Tap name and enter your name.
- Lastly, tap review change, enter your new name, and tap save changes.
That’s it. You have just successfully changed your name on Facebook.