Are you eager to know How to Clean Your Mac With Anti Malware Tool? One of the biggest draws of using a Mac is the fact that they’re seen as much better protected than Windows devices – some argue that antivirus software is completely surplus to requirements.
However, while that’s true to an extent, Apple PCs aren’t immune, and that perceived safety also often leads users to take more risks and feel ‘invincible’.
Whether your Mac’s running suspiciously slowly or you’ve noticed strange tasks running in the background, using a malware removal tool to check and clean your Mac is the single best thing you can do to protect your device and your data.
How to Clean Your Mac With Anti Malware Tool
You need to worry much about how to clean your mac as there are steps for you to follow. There are many features that help protect your Mac and your personal information from malicious software, or malware. One common way malware is distributed is by embedding it in a harmless-looking app.
You can reduce this risk by using software only from reliable sources. The settings in Security & Privacy preferences allow you to specify the sources of software installed on your Mac. Just so you are safe, it’s advisable to follow the steps that will be listed below.
Steps to Remove Malware from Your Mac
Below are some well-tested steps to help remove malware from your mac;
- Back up your files; this is the first step you need to take. Before undertaking any sort of large task, like updating your OS or cleaning up malware, you should back up all of your essential files and data. It’s advice that’s often given and often ignored, but in this situation, it’s a crucial part of the process.
- Pick your weapon of your choice; there’s a huge range of malware removal software on the market, and while plenty can do the job, it’s still a big choice to make. One of the best one to use is Malwarebytes. A big bonus is that apart from being supremely effective at detecting and destroying malware, new users get 14 days free of the full premium version. That includes on-demand scanning and well as always-on protection.
- Download and run your tool; go to the website, and click Free Download. Once you’ve done that, the PKG file will begin to download. On Chrome it’ll show at the bottom left, while on Safari, you’ll see it in the download drop-down top right. Click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Install your anti-malware tool; you will have to first agree to the license, terms, and conditions. Then you’ll have to choose where on your hard drive to install the software.
- Welcome choices; Once the software is installed, you’ll be asked whether you’re using a work or personal Mac. Select whichever is correct.
- Scan for malware; you’ll now be faced with the main screen of the software. There’s a big ol’ box in the middle called Scanner – click this to begin the system scan.
- Scan summary; once the software has finished the scan (it doesn’t take long), it’ll tell you what it’s found. Discoveries are separated into threats, and pups – we’ll expand on these in a second. If it’s clean then you are good to go, but if a threat is detected, the steps continue.
- Threat detected; when malware is detected, you can choose to quarantine it with the click of a button. This doesn’t delete the files, but it locks them away so that they can do no more harm until you decide what to do with them yourself. If you’ve gone for the premium version, threats will be automatically quarantined, but if you’re only using the free version, you’ll have to do this yourself. To turn this feature on, click the cog button at the top-right of the app.
- Uninvited guests; While Malwarebytes or your chosen tool detects true malware. It will also alert you to the presence of PUPs – Potentially Unwanted Programs. While a PUP might sound cute, they could be slowing down your system, extending your boot time, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. If you’re not sure what to do with a certain PUP, the advised procedure is to quarantine it like you would true malware just to be safe.
Now that the software has scanned each and every file on your Mac, you’re good to go. Hopefully, it didn’t detect anything malicious, but if it did it’s now quarantined and deleted if you wish.
How to Scan on MacBook
If you want to scan a document on your MacBook, you need a multifunction printer or a scanner. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Connect your printer or scanner with a USB port into your laptop. You can also set it up wirelessly.
- Click on the menu button at the top left corner of your screen.
- Choose “System Preferences” from the drop down menu.
- Navigate to “View” at the top of your screen and click on it.
- After this, click on “Print & Scan” on the screen.
- Click on the Plus icon at the bottom top corner of the screen.
- Select the name of your scanner from the options given.
Having done this, follow the rest instructions on your screen to successfully scan the documents.
Is Malwarebytes for Mac Safe?
Yes Malwarebytes is very safe for your Mac device. This tool detects and removes Malware from your device. To make the most of it, always keep it updated.
- Mymichaelsvisit.Com Survey – Mymichaels Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Denny‘s Breakfast Hours – Denny‘s Breakfast Menu
- Friendly‘s Breakfast Hours – Most Popular Breakfast Foods at Friendly‘s
- How to Get a Mortgage – Getting a Mortgage Loan
- What is a Demand Deposit – How Does a Demand Deposit Account work
- 2022 Dairy Queen Breakfast Hours – Dairy Queen Customer Support