How to add or remove a mobile phone number from your Facebook account – when it comes to Facebook, you can always remove or add a mobile phone number from your account whenever you choose to in your account settings.
How to Add or Remove a Mobile Phone Number from Your Facebook Account
I will recommend that you always add an email address to your Facebook account as this will help you to gain access to your account in the event that you ever lose access to your mobile phone. Many account holders on Facebook do not even think about this. Some people who know about this don’t even know how to go about it on the platform.
Adding or removing a mobile phone number from your account on Facebook is easy and doable. And in this post, I will be guiding you through all the steps. All you need to do to get this piece of information is to continue reading the content of this post from start to finish.
Steps to Adding or Removing a Mobile Phone Number from Your Facebook Account
Just as mentioned already, doing this is easy, simple, and straightforward. To add your first or add another mobile phone number to your Facebook account, follow the steps below;
- Go to Facebook and click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right of Facebook.
- Next, click on the settings and privacy button and then select Settings.
- In the left menu, click on mobile.
- Click on + add a phone to add your very first phone number or click on + add another mobile phone number to include and add more mobile phone numbers.
- Type in your mobile phone number and select whether you would like to get a text message or a phone call with your confirmation code and then click on continue. You will however need to check and confirm that you have turned on mobile texts.
- Lastly, enter your confirmation code and click on the confirm tab.
To Remove a Mobile Phone Number
- Go to Facebook and click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right corner.
- Next, click on settings and privacy from the extended menu page ad then select settings.
- Click on the mobile button in the left column and then click on the remove tab just below the number that you would like to remove.
- Lastly, click on the remove number to confirm the command.
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on the hamburger menu icon in the op right.
- Next, scroll down the page and tap on the settings and privacy option.
- Tap on settings and tap on personal information in the account settings section.
- Tap on contact info.
- Enter your number and tap on add number to add your very first number. To add another number, tap on add phone number and then enter your mobile phone number and tap on continue.
- After adding your number, you may be asked to enter a confirmation code. And if you do not get a text message containing your confirmation code, check to make sure that you have turned on mobile texts.
- Lastly, enter your confirmation code and tap on the confirm tab.
To Remove a Mobile Phone Number
- Open the Facebook mobile app and tap on the hamburger icon in the top right.
- Tap on settings and privacy and then select settings.
- Go to the accounts settings section and tap on personal information. Tap on contact info.
- Tap on the phone number that you would like to remove and then tap on remove. Also, you can tap on the drop-down menu to change the setting in regards to who can see your phone number.
- Lastly, enter your Facebook password and then tap on remove number to confirm.