Do you want to know How to keep your Facebook account secure? If you are, then you are on the right page. Securing your account on Facebook these days is now a priority and a must if you still want to have access to the platform.
And in this post, I will be guiding you on how you can keep your account safe on Facebook completely.
How to Keep Your Facebook Account Secure
With the recent stream of account hacks all over the world and the internet, keeping your assets both offline and online safety is now a topmost priority. Facebook however is not excluded from this at all. Facebook accounts are one of the most hacked of all social media platforms and accounts in the world today.
And scammers have used hacked accounts to create a lot of havoc. And most of this havoc could have easily been avoidable if only we did the right thing on our own path by keeping our accounts secure.
What You Can Do To Keep Your Account on Facebook Safe
Facebook has put a lot of tools, guides, and fail-safes in place to keep your account safe at all times. But as users and account holders on the platform, there are things that we can do on our own path to always secure our accounts.
There are a few things you can do to secure your Facebook account and I will be making a mention of a few of them in this post. To keep your account on Facebook safe, take the tips below into consideration.
Protect Your Facebook Password
The first thing you can always do to secure your Facebook account is to protect your password. And to protect your Facebook password;
- Do not use your password on Facebook anywhere else on the internet and you should also not share it with other people.
- Your Facebook password should also be difficult to guess. With that being said, you should not include common words or your name to your password.
- When setting up your password on Facebook, you should always create a strong password.
Never Share Your Facebook Login Information
The second thing you can do to keep your Facebook account secure is never to share your login information with anyone. Scammers on Facebook may create fake websites that look very familiar with Facebook and may ask you to login with your email and your password.
You should always check the URL of the website before you provide your login information. Just in case you are doubtful, just enter www.facebook.com into your web browser to access Facebook. You also should not forward emails from Meta to other people as they may contain and have sensitive information in regard to your account.
Log Out Of Facebook When You Use a Public Computer or Share a Computer with Other People
You should always log out of the Facebook social media platform when you use a shared or public device. And if you do not know how to log out remotely from your Facebook account, follow the steps below;
- First, go to your Facebook security and login settings.
- Next, go to the section where you are logged in. you may have to click on see more first to see all the sections where you are logged in.
- Locate the section that you want to end and click on the three-dotted icon.
- Lastly, click on log out.
This action will immediately log you out of Facebook on any device of your choosing.